Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I could be wrong, but I don't think it can expire until a year after you enter the code on iTunes. Again, I could be very wrong, so don't quote me on that.

Jeonat

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
United Kingdom
This iTunes Music Card is redeemable only on the iTunes Music Store for the United Kingdom and expires the later of two years from the date of (i) issuance or (ii) last activity on an iTunes account. To redeem this card you must have an iTunes account, subject to prior acceptance of licence and usage terms. To open an account you must be above the age of 13 and in the United Kingdom. iTunes 4.7 or later (6.0 or later for video), compatible software and hardware, and Internet access (fees may apply) are required. This card cannot be redeemed for cash, returned for cash refund, exchanged, or used to purchase any other merchandise, provide monthly gifts or iTunes Gifting. Data collection and use subject to Apple Customer Privacy Policy, see http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/privacy/, unless stated otherwise. You will be responsible for this card after purchase. iTunes is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from lost or stolen cards or use without your permission. These terms and conditions will not affect any of your statutory rights that you have, which cannot be excluded by these terms and conditions. For more information on your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau. Not for resale. iTunes Gift Cards are issued and supplied by iTunes S.à.r.l. In distributing the cards retailer is acting as agent for and on behalf of iTunes S.à.r.l. For full terms, see http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/uk/gifts.html. Content purchased from the iTunes Music Store is for personal lawful use only. Don’t steal music. TM and 2006 iTunes S.à.r.l. All rights reserved.

So according to this, 2 years from date of issue or last activity on your account if you've redeemed it.

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
Can you use itunes cards to purchase things from an apple store? It states that you can't purchase from the online store, but does this exclude in- store items aswell?

almabanuelos

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
Can you use itunes cards to purchase things from an apple store? It states that you can't purchase from the online store, but does this exclude in- store items aswell?

No, iTunes cards are only for iTunes store purchases. They cannot be redeemed for anything else - they cannot be transferred from one account to another either (for e.g. split the credit or transfer credit between accounts)

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
I could be wrong, but I don't think it can expire until a year after you enter the code on iTunes. Again, I could be very wrong, so don't quote me on that.

In many US states (not applicable to OP) it cannot ever expire. California is such a state, so it may apply throughout the US. Not sure about UK.

I can say that when I loaded mine into my account, I went quite some time before using it up. I did however have iTunes account activity (downloading free and paid songs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.