Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rspeaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
I've been looking for a business card template for Pages, but only came up with one from Jumsoft. I just don't want to pay $39 for one template (all the others included wouldn't be useful to me.) I found some for Word at avery.com, but had trouble formatting them the way I'd like to.

I'll mess around with Pages later, but suggestions would be great, as to where to find one, or how to create a page of 2"x3.5" cards. Thanks.

iSaint

macrumors 603
In Word, you can create your own or modify templates. I've bought precut Avery labels that worked out great for Word.

I don't see any business card templates in pages, which is surprising. When I finish browsing MR in full, I'll look at it more. :p

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
I've been looking for a business card template for Pages, but only came up with one from Jumsoft. I just don't want to pay $39 for one template (all the others included wouldn't be useful to me.) I found some for Word at avery.com, but had trouble formatting them the way I'd like to.

I'll mess around with Pages later, but suggestions would be great, as to where to find one, or how to create a page of 2"x3.5" cards. Thanks.

Try iWorkCommunity for user-contributed templates. The last time I looked I found a business card template with a search.

rspeaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
I found BCC before posting. It worked great... but is $35. I wouldn't mind paying, but the cards are mostly a one-time thing (most likely.) I tried cheating the system, by screen capturing the final result in BCC, but of course colors were off and it just looked awful.

I found a template at iWorkCommunity, and after much frustration, I finally got things set up how I wanted them to appear. More frustration was involved in the printing process, but I solved that relatively easily by creating my own Paper Size with the correct margins (setting them in the document itself didn't work.)

Thanks for all the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.