Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We've gotten copies of the full iPhone Training manual provided to AT&T employees that gives us a few more details about Apple's iPhone. Thanks to cindynjgirl79 for providing the scans.

workbooktite_300.png
This sales guide presents iPhone features and benefits, tips, comparisons, qualifying questions, and objections -- all designed to help you sell iPhone.
Keep in mind that there might be additional iPhone features that are announced at iPhone's launch as well as additional information about the features in this guide. (scan)
The training manual is broken down into features of the iPhone, and we've provided hilights and links to the scans:Revolutionary Mobile Phone (scan 1, scan 2)

- Dial any telephone number with the touch of a finger
- Create and manage a list of telephone numbers you call most
- If you choose to answer the call, the video will pause and resume once the call ends
- iPhone syncs contact information from the computer to iPhone (from Address Book on a Mac or Outlook or Outlook Express on a Windows PC).
- Built-in speakerphone
- iPhone lets you carry on a phone conversation while you simultaneously browse the Internet or send an email.
- There is a vibrate mode.

Photos (scan 1, scan 2)

- Sync photos from Mac or PC

SMS Text Messaging (scan 1)

- SMS text message button shows how many new messages are waiting
- Threaded conversations
- Hear an audio alert for new messages
- Error correction and prevention in the keyboard. Only displayed when you need it.
- iPhone users will not be able to conduct IM conversations with instant messaging users
- Does not support MMS messaging for photos or videos

Music and Video (scan 1, scan 2)

- All videos play in landscape mode
- If you prefer your widescreen content to take up the entire screen, you can double tap the video and iPhone will automatically scale the video to take up the entire screen
- Sync music with iTunes just like any other iPod
- Select how to display music: by playlist, artist, songs or more.
- Media Net, MobiTV, or Cellular Video are not available on iPhone

Email (scan 1, scan 2)

- Rich formatting
- Support for IMAP and POP3
- Yahoo! Push Mail
- Automatic address completion

Safari (scan 1, scan 2)

- Double tap an object to make it fill the screen, and double tap to zoom out
- Can have multiple websites open at once and switch between them
- Websites you have bookmarked on your computer will be transfered to your iPhone from your Mac or PC

Widgets (scan 1)

Google Maps (scan 1, scan 2)

- iPhone will not support the TeleNav solutions currently offered by other AT&T devices
- GPS is not part of the iPhone feature set.

Article Link: iPhone Details from AT&T's Sales Training Workbook

Last edited:

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
At least we finally know that it vibrates.

...and that it can't be used for instant messaging :cool: It also says that it does not support sending pictures or videos...is that true? You can't text a pic to someone???

Other than that...very good information.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
So, from looking at the email page, only Yahoo mail is pushed down automatically? POP3/IMAP requires you to go out and get your mail manually?

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
...and that it can't be used for instant messaging :cool: It also says that it does not support sending pictures or videos...is that true? You can't text a pic to someone???

Other than that...very good information.

Doesn't do mms but you should be able to email pics and videos to the persons phone usually a phonenum@carriersdomain.com/net etc. Like I use verizont to send to a phone you email phonenum@vzw3g.com.

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
This is so cool! I can't wait to get my fingers on it. I have some errands to run tomorrow, so I will swing by my local Cingular store and see what they have to say. And maybe I'll make an offer for the iPhone banner for when they don't want/need it anymore.

Edit: I do have a question. Does it say how incoming calls are handeled? I know when Steve pressed the sleep/wake button that made it wake up and sleep. But what happens when you get a call and it is asleep? And what is the power/lock thing?

loudestnoise

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Nashville, TN
Virbrate?

So are we sure this thing vibrates? JK, We all know the real internet has vibration, I mean real phones. I mean, yes. Horraay for vibrate.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
All this talk of the iPhone and it still isn't coming out for another 3 weeks !!! I am going crazy with anticipation.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I don't believe it is on any of the pages that were posted, but I read at the end of the book it said there may be more features added at the release and AT&T employees will be notified of them. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.