Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
This is awesome. Now my wife and I won't have to fight over one.

And the fact that they are opening early on Sat and running workshops all day Sat means they definitely expect to have leftovers on Saturday, too.

So I can work on Friday (good) and no waiting in line for hours (great.)

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
too bad I'm already camped out in front of an iAT&T store :(
Whatever. Hpoefully my brother can just iWalk in and pick up an iFone™.

Jerence

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2003
Elm Grove, WI
Where's Wisconsin??

The list of Apple stores on this iPhone availability checker does not list any Wisconsin Apple stores (we have one in Wauwatosa at Mayfair, and come tomorrow we'll have one more at Bayshore).

Grrr. :mad:

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
The list of Apple stores on this iPhone availability checker does not list any Wisconsin Apple stores (we have one in Wauwatosa at Mayfair, and come tomorrow we'll have one more at Bayshore).

didn't you hear? steve has deemed people of Wisconsin un-worthy of teh iFone™. :eek: :p

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005

I noticed that WI was missing from the list too! I'm from Hales Corners and though I'd have a look at the stores back home. Congrats on Bayshore - wow they are opening on iPhone day? That place will be sick busy!

I'm sure Steve will be givin' y'all iPhones! :D

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx

Um.... where the hell is wisconsin.. haha jk, apple knows no one in wisconsin is going to buy so many that it will sell out...

spercharged69

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2003
New York, NY
I can't wait for guys like you to be left holding extra iphones once you realize that there will be no ebay market because apple has enough inventory.

That's what people said about the Wii...

wii_mania.jpg

These were all gone within 24 hours for over $600 a piece.

traderx1

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2007
has anyone checked out the "Availability" at their apple store. All it give is a green or red light. Obviously all stores will have a green light light today, but it would be nice if they could give a number of how many is available, especially for tomorrow. It would suck if you waited all day, to find out they sold out 1 ahead of you. All though I would imagine that Apple personal would be nice enough to tell people how many they have in the store so people can count out the numbers while standing in line.

anyways, check out the site, to see your availability
http://www.apple.com/retail/

spercharged69

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2003
New York, NY
too bad I'm already camped out in front of an iAT&T store :(
Whatever. Hpoefully my brother can just iWalk in and pick up an iFone™.

Are you aware that you misspelled "the" in your Blog's header? Is this an accident or do you live in some kind of parallel universe where saying "teh" is still funny?

JeffDM

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2006
I think it's Apple's prerogative, though it seems to play into or contradict the Jobs statements that AT&T stores will be more likely to have them, depending on your interpretation. He said to check the AT&T stores first. Whether or not he's saying that for other than stated reasons, we don't know, though it is likely. If he thought that Apple stores were going to run out the quickest, then one per person is a better way to maximize on the number of line-waiters that will walk out with one.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
has anyone checked out the "Availability" at their apple store. All it give is a green or red light. Obviously all stores will have a green light light today, but it would be nice if they could give a number of how many is available, especially for tomorrow. It would suck if you waited all day, to find out they sold out 1 ahead of you. All though I would imagine that Apple personal would be nice enough to tell people how many they have in the store so people can count out the numbers while standing in line.

anyways, check out the site, to see your availability
http://www.apple.com/retail/
Yeah, I hoped it would be real-time stock information, but the Apple page says that it's updated NIGHTLY, which means that if a store runs out at 3pm, the green light will probably say that they have stock until the following morning. :(

NewtypeCJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2005
Seattle, WA
That's what people said about the Wii...

These were all gone within 24 hours for over $600 a piece.

That was also right before the holidays, Nintendo wasn't selling them direct through an online store like Apple will be, and they weren't phones that also require a 2-year contract and minimum $60/month for service.

Anyone who thinks they're gonna make a killing with these on eBay is sorely mistaken. Especially when an Apple press release is talking about sales going till midnight and opening back up at 9 am for more iPhone. And 2 per customer? Yeah, that means they have a crap-ton of supply.

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Ha. Has anybody made an iPhone availability widget yet?

<half_jokingly>Personally, I'll be waiting for the iPhone (Rev 2) availability widget. </half_jokingly>

futureholds

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2007
has anyone checked out the "Availability" at their apple store. All it give is a green or red light. Obviously all stores will have a green light light today, but it would be nice if they could give a number of how many is available, especially for tomorrow.

It's an Apple policy to never share stock levels of any product, other than whether it is in stock or not. It's uncharacteristic of Apple to even have such a useful tool online at all.

spercharged69

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2003
New York, NY
That was also right before the holidays, Nintendo wasn't selling them direct through an online store like Apple will be, and they weren't phones that also require a 2-year contract and minimum $60/month for service.

Anyone who thinks they're gonna make a killing with these on eBay is sorely mistaken. Especially when an Apple press release is talking about sales going till midnight and opening back up at 9 am for more iPhone. And 2 per customer? Yeah, that means they have a crap-ton of supply.

Doesn't hurt to try, I've already confirmed with two Apple stores I have a couple days to return the unopened ones for a full refund. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.