Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merissie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Can the iphone get picture messages? I have had some ppl try and send them to me, but I haven't gotten them.

wakka092

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
You are *supposed* to recieve a text message with directions on opening it at viewmymessage.com

TGNman

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Can the iphone get picture messages? I have had some ppl try and send them to me, but I haven't gotten them.

I was told my ATT today that the iphone can not recieve multi-media text messages. I could not believe it.....

Oh well, back to YouTube.....

Mark Hull

JSmoove05

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2007
could this be something that is updated. My old phone which was free that I got 2 years received photo messages and this 600 dollar IPhone cant? I find this really hard to believe.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
could this be something that is updated. My old phone which was free that I got 2 years received photo messages and this 600 dollar IPhone cant? I find this really hard to believe.

c'mon man... this has been a know issue for a LONG TIME! you shouldn't have bought an iFone™ without looking into these kinds of things. im sure the iPhone does a lot more then your 2y/o fone™ though...

:apple:™

speedballs

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2004
SLC Utah
I can live without it, but y'know... I really hope this is changed. I'd feel kinda like a dork saying 'oh yeah my phone can do anything, browse the web even!' but not get picture messages...
at least it's a software issue.

Nall

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2003
Hey, is there a place to report iPhone bugs or feature suggestions like there is for Mac OS X on Apple's website?

I really don't understand the lack of MMS support... plus, honestly, I would think that getting MMS images in the iChat-style interface would be awesome.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
believe me or not, I honestly don't care- at all :p

However, the AT&T store I camped out at for 30 hours (see blog) is close to Apple corporate... and I talked to an Apple rep that worked on the iPhone project: Software development. I asked him if Apple would be proactive with feature upgrades etc. and he said "Absolutely"

mavherzog

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
Columbus, WI
That is disappointing. When I am home, I OFTEN snap photos and send them to friends' cell phones (and sometimes follow up with a call to discuss). It is VERY useful.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
That is disappointing. When I am home, I OFTEN snap photos and send them to friends' cell phones (and sometimes follow up with a call to discuss). It is VERY useful.

agreed. i'm not angry because i knew i wouldn't be getting it at launch... but it's a curious omission.

Leemo

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2006
Nottingham, UK
When they send you a picture message just get them to pop your email address in the 'To:' field instead.

Works a charm!

Seriously though, is MMS that big a deal? For everyone I know it's been a non-starter here in the UK. Not saying that people don't use it of course, but I daresay sending pictures via e-mail is much preferable.

-Leemo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.