Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chicagopepper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
At first mine would crash at times while I'm using Safari. No big deal, I'll wait and hope its a bug they'll fix in an update.

Now it will crash randomly just when listening to music. Sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes when I hit the next track button. Has happened about 5-7 times in the past week.

Thoughts?

edit: by crash, I mean it goes back to the home screen and stops anything I was doing.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
At first mine would crash at times while I'm using Safari. No big deal, I'll wait and hope its a bug they'll fix in an update.

Now it will crash randomly just when listening to music. Sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes when I hit the next track button. Has happened about 5-7 times in the past week.

Thoughts?

hasn't crashed on me yet. I mostly use Safari though, but the times I do listen to music it's been fine.

The only problems I've had are the screen ones, and sometimes safari is unresponsive, but that clears up fast.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I've had some crashing issues and a constant issue with music stopping during web browsing, but I fully expect those to be fixed with a firmware update at some point.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
I've not used web browsing much, but so far Safari has crashed once. When I plugged my iPod in again after the crash, iTunes said it was going to send Apple info of the crash and gave me the option to cancel. Of course I sent it the info, and you should too! Let's help Apple to improve the iPhone and iPod's stability issues, it'll make it better for everyone.

philmo

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2005
I have this problem, too. But I still love it. And I'm confident it will get better with software updates.

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
for people with those problems...do you power off your ipod? Mine has been better since i started to shut it off more often.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
i have the oppisite problem (well not really a problem anymore)

it used to crash when i first got it, but now it dosent crash anymore

bmonzing

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
I've had some crashing issues and a constant issue with music stopping during web browsing, but I fully expect those to be fixed with a firmware update at some point.

I have these same issues + it crashes when swiping through cover flow quickly (even when music isn't playing. Possibly because my battery was under 20%...

I'm hopeful for that first update, as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.