Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rest44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
My need for speed carbon is mess up on my iMac! the grafics are alll fliped and mirrored!

Does anyone know why is this?? Help apreciated! thanks

rest44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Fixed!

went to options menu and turn anti analising to on. I don´t know why the game messes up when anti analising is of. :x

anyone knows?

plokoonpma

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
Panama, Central America
fixing flipped screen

Hi, thats a common thing, dont worry.

i know its flipped and you have to deal with an inverted mouse action, but;

1. in the main window, select options
2. at the top in the rigth side select "advanced"
3. scroll up like the third item and turn it on, 2x or 4x

thats it, hope it helps you guys

forgive my english, not my native.

:D

TIGOS

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
Sao Paulo, BR
Very Thanks plokoonpma!!!

When I to arrive in house will go to test.

PS: My english is bad too :p (i`m brazilian, speak portuguese) :D

nanvinnie

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2007
NFS Carbon Crash

Question: When I started my Career on NFS, my computer crashes like 30 seconds into the first tutorial/race. Anyone know why? I set my graphics pretty low but it still crashes. I have the new 15" MBP stock. Help please.

Crucial9

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
Question: When I started my Career on NFS, my computer crashes like 30 seconds into the first tutorial/race. Anyone know why? I set my graphics pretty low but it still crashes. I have the new 15" MBP stock. Help please.

I also have the NSF:Carbon for mac and am trying to run on my 15" MBP with 246MB 8600GT graphics and 2.4GHZ. Same thing happens, about 30sec or less into the game at the same spot each time the game unexpectedly exits.

Also, I think it's retarded that I paid good money for a game that doesn't support widescreen resolutions, and the graphics just don't look good (strange color patterns for reflections).

nanvinnie

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2007
NFSC Crash

I was running the game from my laptop to my 24" display, but when I ran it straight from the laptop display, it worked. I still get some weird reflections, but it works. Not sure why it won't work when I connect to my display. Frame rate is pretty low and the game plays choppy. No widescreen support- not cool. Makes me wonder, should I even get the Madden 08 for mac?

thedood

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
ATL
I also have the NSF:Carbon for mac and am trying to run on my 15" MBP with 246MB 8600GT graphics and 2.4GHZ. Same thing happens, about 30sec or less into the game at the same spot each time the game unexpectedly exits.

Also, I think it's retarded that I paid good money for a game that doesn't support widescreen resolutions, and the graphics just don't look good (strange color patterns for reflections).

i have the exact same problem... has anyone solved this? i just got the game & the people at Apple said it is the game, so they weren't much help. this sucks...

there are a few other places it happens as well, but they obviously don't hinder game progress like the cutoff before the fountain in the tutorial, which is required!!!

help please. :(

nc7r

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
i have the exact same problem... has anyone solved this? i just got the game & the people at Apple said it is the game, so they weren't much help. this sucks...

there are a few other places it happens as well, but they obviously don't hinder game progress like the cutoff before the fountain in the tutorial, which is required!!!

help please. :(

Is it doing this kind of stuff?

picture1021155dfe69.png

I'm having real problems with it too. I'm on a 2.2ghz 2gb Ram Intel MacBook Pro and it's struggeling in Career mode, with nothing else open, to run! Quite annoying to be honest.

I've got Anti-aliasing on 4x and the screen resolution on max - which is something like 1024 x 765 and I'm running an Apple 20" Monitor which is 1680x1050...

thedood

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
ATL
Is it doing this kind of stuff?

picture1021155dfe69.png

I'm having real problems with it too. I'm on a 2.2ghz 2gb Ram Intel MacBook Pro and it's struggeling in Career mode, with nothing else open, to run! Quite annoying to be honest.

I've got Anti-aliasing on 4x and the screen resolution on max - which is something like 1024 x 765 and I'm running an Apple 20" Monitor which is 1680x1050...

yep, its doing that as well. even worse, honestly...

nc7r

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
yep, its doing that as well. even worse, honestly...

It's absolutely shocking to be honest.

These game are expensive and meant to be 'specifically for mac' when they have such **** graphics like that it's just a joke isn't it.

I'm running a laptop which is worth over £1200 and it still runs slowly - not happy. :mad:

thedood

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
ATL
It's absolutely shocking to be honest.

These game are expensive and meant to be 'specifically for mac' when they have such **** graphics like that it's just a joke isn't it.

I'm running a laptop which is worth over £1200 and it still runs slowly - not happy. :mad:

yep. first & last mac game for me... i'll be returning it, if i can get my money back. i'm always tempted to see if it 'finally works', & then of course it never does. :(

janka

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2008
hey guys i have macbook! i dowloaded also nfs carbon! like i start (intro and that carbon movie) it is ok , bet when i gonna choose car and do some stuff the whole screen is just white! what could be the problem ?:mad:

tungster

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Fix by using config file from other EA game

I have Tiger Woods 2008 for the mac, which works on my MacPro. I copied the config file in the /Library/Preferences folder for TW and pasted it in the NFSC preference folder. And, surprisingly, the game now works without the black screen.

Hope this helps.

Tung Nguyen

simann

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2008
same problem..

I have same problem with upside down and mirrored view.

But when I try to turn on anti-aliasing and press ESC (done), then there's nothing - whole screen is black.

Music is playing but no video.

Any suggestions? :confused:

But if so..
I could just turn upside down my iMac and put mirror to my iMac and I could play the game!

Zenmen

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
Not fix for me.

Hi, thats a common thing, dont worry.

i know its flipped and you have to deal with an inverted mouse action, but;

1. in the main window, select options
2. at the top in the rigth side select "advanced"
3. scroll up like the third item and turn it on, 2x or 4x

thats it, hope it helps you guys

forgive my english, not my native.

:D

This did not fix my problem. The image was black, alone hears the audio one. I tried 2x and 4x, but it did not fix. Somebody can help me?

I have one iMac 20"
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 1 GB DDR2 800mhz
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Thanks!

mmnz

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2008
London
Nfs Carbon Mirrored Issue

This did not fix my problem. The image was black, alone hears the audio one. I tried 2x and 4x, but it did not fix. Somebody can help me?

I have one iMac 20"
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 1 GB DDR2 800mhz
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Thanks!

Hi, i have the same problem, i have the aluminium macboon 13.3 he 2.4 model.
i installed the NFS but its mirrored and upside side down.
Sound is fine and, screen color is perfect.
I tried the anti alising function to 2 and 4 x but did not work for me, any suggestions, just write on my blog

momin73.blogspot.com

vishalkthacker

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2008
@ tungster:
Thanks a ton! I have Hitman Contracts which runs on my MBP and I did what you suggested!
It is working now! :D
All I have to see is whether the other problems, of crashing in the first 30 seconds doesn't show up!
(Fingers crossed)

I just registered with MacRumours to say thanks!

mmnz

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2008
London
Nfs Carbon Mirrored Issue Resolved

Finally some one has send me the right .conf file, which i replaced and all is well, NFS CARBON runs fine and there's no issue now.

Anyone want the .conf file, email me.

Regards,

Momin

my blog spot: http://momin73.blogspot.com/ the file is here get it and have fun

veyske

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2008
hey, I also heve the same problem as the topic starter,...

When i start up Need For Speed Carbon, it look's all turned on,...

can somebody help me?

(I also am not so good in English ;) )

(or contact me @ veys@live.be )

thanks,
laurent

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.