Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxstatic

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2006
wow! That is alot! You have three 3G ipods??? insane!

I tried to get them altogether today but I left my shuffle @ work and my daughter snagged my 2nd gen and took off this morning...

But here is what I have at home today...

DSC01244.jpg

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I tried to get them altogether today but I left my shuffle @ work and my daughter snagged my 2nd gen and took off this morning...

But here is what I have at home today...
Nice! Thanks for posting. What's up with the mini? It looks broken or disassembled on the bottom.

xxstatic

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2006
Nice! Thanks for posting. What's up with the mini? It looks broken or disassembled on the bottom.

I have it partially disassembled, it has been playing fine but for some strange reason the text will start to fade as I use it.:confused:
I have never seen this before so I took it apart and plan on swapping in a new battery and possibly a new lcd. I just have to get on the stick and order the parts.:)

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
Very nice collection indeed. I see you got the new Nano , did you ever play with that or just got it out of the box and put in on that stand? :)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Anyone have one like this in their collection?

Attachments

• SpectorGroup iPod.jpg
    SpectorGroup iPod.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,184

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Very nice collection indeed. I see you got the new Nano , did you ever play with that or just got it out of the box and put in on that stand? :)
I did play with the new nano...only for a day though.

Anyone have one like this in their collection?

Is that made of cans...my company just competed in a CANstruction competition for charity. Looks like it could have been an entry.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Is that made of cans...my company just competed in a CANstruction competition for charity. Looks like it could have been an entry.

It is. It was from the Long Island, NY competition. Sorry, can't find link.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
It is. It was from the Long Island, NY competition. Sorry, can't find link.
Nice...I work in NY (Manhattan) and my company was involved. Unfortunately I didn't have time to participate...so I'm not exactly sure where it was held. I did see pics though and it looked like an awesome event!

On another note. I just received my 2GB 2G refurb silver nano today! When I get around to it I'll have to update my collection picture.

Where is everyone elses picture?!?!?!

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
where did u get those docks? i want some

Yeah they are awesome. The nanos fit perfectly in them because they are so slim. As for the bigger iPods, it just so happens that the prong part of the stand fits perfectly in the dock connector...exactly the right width and length! They must have been secretly made for iPods:)

Eric...also post a pic of your 13 iPods. It would be nice to see!

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
A third generation iPod, and an iPod touch/iPhone are on my wanted list. :D
If you wanna buy my used one off of me in a few weeks, let me know (PM) and we can talk. iPod, dock, and USB/Firewire cable... and good battery.

I have it partially disassembled, it has been playing fine but for some strange reason the text will start to fade as I use it.:confused:
I have never seen this before so I took it apart and plan on swapping in a new battery and possibly a new lcd. I just have to get on the stick and order the parts.:)

That happened to my friends mini too... but he was lazy and just got a new classic :p

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Here's my lineup:

10GB iPod 3rd Gen
1GB iPod Nano
30GB iPod 5th Gen (Black)
16GB iPod touch

My Mom has an iPod shuffle 1st Gen
My Brother has a 1GB Nano
My Dad uses both my 1GB Nano and my 10GB 3rd Gen (since I don't use them)

I use the 30GB 5th Gen for video only and the 16GB iPod touch for music and wifi stuff.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I think that's the regular click wheel but it looks off-colored because of the light.

Ahh...ok it must be a black nano (standard with the black click wheel). I thought it was a silver nano with a black click wheel.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
I still have my 3G 20gb with the original box and accessories. It's on its third battery now. That's my only iPod however. :eek:

I would really like to find a nice 1G though.

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
Just the one 3G for me... Used almost every day for 3 years and still going strong... awesome stuff!

My favourite iPod design.. love the red backlit touch buttons :p

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 506

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I still have my 3G 20gb with the original box and accessories. It's on its third battery now. That's my only iPod however. :eek:

I would really like to find a nice 1G though.

I think every apple fan should own a 1G. That spinning wheel amazes everyone!

2005309844537935854_rs.jpg
2005313238646427444_rs.jpg
2005306993431526112_rs.jpg

And here's my second favourite collection:
2005349442414465932_rs.jpg

:D

Thanks Tom! Nice collection. The gameboy collection is nice too! I have the original around somewhere too...awesome!

Just the one 3G for me... Used almost every day for 3 years and still going strong... awesome stuff!

My favourite iPod design.. love the red backlit touch buttons :p

The 3G and 1G are the two most amazing and unique iPods. I'm sure they will be sought after in the future.

the only iPods I have ever owned were a

1G 5gb physical wheel

and

16 iPod Touch :cool:

Thats a pretty drastic update! Any comparison pics?!?!

XxCH3AT3RxX

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
Man you guys are avid iPod collectors, haha.

I am getting a iPod Classic 80GB on Christmas. Will be my first iPod I have ever owned and I am hoping it will serve me well for years to come.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada

I am getting a iPod Classic 80GB on Christmas. Will be my first iPod I have ever owned and I am hoping it will serve me well for years to come.

I'm still on my first iPod (a 2nd gen mini) though I've order a 16GB CF card from newegg to upgrade it to 16GB. That should keep me going for another year or two :)

Greg

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC

You'll be collecting soon enough ;)

I'm still on my first iPod (a 2nd gen mini) though I've order a 16GB CF card from newegg to upgrade it to 16GB. That should keep me going for another year or two :)

Greg

I wish I had the same will-power as you! With all of those beautiful new iPods out, you're still satisfied with what you have...that is awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.