Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Probably not the most descriptive thread title. This is what I want to do. I'm running Leopard on a G5. I have three "users", so when I boot up or awake you see the screen with the three user "profiles" to click on and log in. The background screen is a "star burst" looking screen which I would like replace with a photo. Can this be done? How? If it's easy and just a matter of finding a file and replacing it I can do it however if it involves Terminal I'll just live with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers

iTim314

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2005
U.S.
Is there's an alternative way to do this in Tiger?

I'd like to change mine but my default desktop isn't located there. In fact, I can not find it anywhere.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
There is...ive done it however don't remember how. Instead i found another piece of software that can do it. THis time for free I think

http://keakaj.com/visage.htm

Am trying this. Freeware for 7 days then limited in total abilities. It's $10 to register so we'll see. Tried to use Terminal but couldn't get it to work...wish I was more of a geek. But this did work. Hope the reduced abilities will allow me to change the login background screen. Check back in a week or so. Cheers

littlevish

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007

I'd like to change mine but my default desktop isn't located there. In fact, I can not find it anywhere.

All you have to do is rename the Aqua Blue wallpaper to something else, and put another image in its place.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
^ What he said

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    74 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 121

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Am trying this. Freeware for 7 days then limited in total abilities. It's $10 to register so we'll see. Tried to use Terminal but couldn't get it to work...wish I was more of a geek. But this did work. Hope the reduced abilities will allow me to change the login background screen. Check back in a week or so. Cheers

Well, my 7 day free trial ended today and darn if the one feature I wanted (ability to change the background on the login screen in Leopard) was disabled. Ok, I'm not a geek and I did try and use terminal to change the background screen per instructions on the net but just couldn't get it to work. Sooooo, bit the bullet and forked over $9.95 actually I had a $4 credit on my account os really $5. I'm happy, it was worth it. Guess I'll have to check out all the other features of the Visage software and see what they do. Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.