Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigwig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
I'm trying to get rid of an offending "TipsSmart" (no spaces, I hate that) in the title. I can bring up the info window, and I can change the Album name, which does in fact change the name of the relevant directory in the iTunes library. Unfortunately, when I go back to look at my iTunes subscriptions the name of the podcast doesn't change. In fact, the name of the podcast is comprised of text that's not contained in any file in my iTunes library. I can't figure out where it gets the name so I can edit it.

bigwig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
You could try using something like Lostify to change the title instead.
It's not a metadata problem. The podcast title (as opposed to the title of each individual recording) isn't part of the metadata. The Album Name, while initially the same as the podcast's title, isn't used by iTunes as the title even though you can set it.

bigwig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Are podcast titles not copyrighted? I would think they are. If so, that is why you can't change them.
I'm not changing the title on the iTunes server, only on my local subscription. It's no different, really, than having a name for a Bookmark in your browser that's different than the actual page title that appears when you navigate to the page.

csilverlv

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
Hi ~ How did you fix the title change? Thanks Christine

Hi ~ How did you fix the title change? Thanks Christine

I'm trying to get rid of an offending "TipsSmart" (no spaces, I hate that) in the title. I can bring up the info window, and I can change the Album name, which does in fact change the name of the relevant directory in the iTunes library. Unfortunately, when I go back to look at my iTunes subscriptions the name of the podcast doesn't change. In fact, the name of the podcast is comprised of text that's not contained in any file in my iTunes library. I can't figure out where it gets the name so I can edit it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.