Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corranroh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006

Apple appears to be trickling out their software updates, with another update issued through Mac OS X's software update today. iWeb 2.0.3 is now available through your Mac OS X Software update and is simply described as addressing compatibility with Mac OS X. iWeb is part of the Apple iLife suite of applications which also include iPhoto, iMovie. GarageBand and iDVD.

Yesterday, Apple introduced updates to the iWork '08 application suite, and is expected to also release Mac OS X 10.5.2 shortly.

Article Link: Apple Updates iWeb to 2.0.3

Last edited by a moderator:

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
Geez it can't be too far behind at this point! I seem to recall Apple blasting out a bunch of smaller updates before releasing past OS X updates, so between yesterdays iWork updates and today's update, I think it won't be long before we see 10.5.2. I hope...

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Geez it can't be too far behind at this point! I seem to recall Apple blasting out a bunch of smaller updates before releasing past OS X updates, so between yesterdays iWork updates and today's update, I think it won't be long before we see 10.5.2. I hope...
Yeah, and the delay for Apple TV 2.0 might alleviate the bandwidth problems also. All signs indicate 10.5.2 is just around the corner! :)

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
I'm going to wait to download this update. I've heard some stories about people's sites created with iWeb get totally jacked up when the downloaded the update. I invested way too much time in my site, so I'm going to wait to see if the waters are safe.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Need 10.5.2 nowwwwwwwwww. I'm getting to the breaking point of just doing a completely clean install on my iMac and losing all of my data in exchange for a working OS. Having to use my PB G4 instead of my intel iMac because the newer machine is being murdered by Leopard is not a situation I ever would have imagined being in from an Apple OS.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
I'm going to wait to download this update. I've heard some stories about people's sites created with iWeb get totally jacked up when the downloaded the update. I invested way too much time in my site, so I'm going to wait to see if the waters are safe.

My understanding is this tended to happen with those who had sites created with the previous version of iWeb AND updated to iWeb '08.

I prevented this from happening to my site by backing up a file that seemed to be the culprit. Apple finally resolved this with one of the recent iWeb updates.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
An update to their software, Yah, this is definitely 'NEGATIVE' news :rolleyes:

Geez, would not updating their software make people happy?

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
My Leopard works near perfect so I am not one of the ones dying for 10.5.2 however based on all these updates we are getting Apple may have had to break it up into segments since 10.5.2 is a big update. I'll bet we'll see it in less than a week.

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Anyone else get the feeling Apple's only making you wait for 10.5.2 because they have to update their apps to work with 10.5.2? Apps you don't have/use or can do without if only they'd release dang thing already!

Blaxje

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2007
Well, we'll probably see 10.5.2 this thursday. That's the day they mostly release their OS updates, like 5.1

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
"This update addresses compatibility with Mac OS X."

They are getting so lazy with describing their updates....

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
My understanding is this tended to happen with those who had sites created with the previous version of iWeb AND updated to iWeb '08.

I prevented this from happening to my site by backing up a file that seemed to be the culprit. Apple finally resolved this with one of the recent iWeb updates.

In that case, I'll make sure to have that puppy backed up and and see if the update takes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.