Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigwig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2005
If only iWeb worked on more than 1 website project at the same time. That's a stupid flaw that deserves fixing.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Need 10.5.2 nowwwwwwwwww. I'm getting to the breaking point of just doing a completely clean install on my iMac and losing all of my data in exchange for a working OS. Having to use my PB G4 instead of my intel iMac because the newer machine is being murdered by Leopard is not a situation I ever would have imagined being in from an Apple OS.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't lose your data. That's silly considering the price of Hard Disk Drives, online storage and optical media. You'd really regret losing something.

I've heard of problems with Leopard, but none so bad the machine is unusable. What are these problems? Wireless? Mail? Anything commonly reported as a problem? In what way is Leopard “murdering” your machine?

Please say, someone might be able to suggest some solutions.

C-Dubs

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Honolulu, HI
This is getting ridiculous. 10.5.2 needs to get here... now.

I'd rather they release 10.5.2 in working order later than some half-baked update right now. I am sure they are working on it hard and they will have it out as soon as its ready.

By the sounds of it the 10.5.2 update plans to be expansive, covering most of what users have found to not work as advertised or find annoying or blarringly omitted. All of these X.X.2 updates across iWeb and iWork would seem to be simply updates to make those programs work with the upcoming update. Since these aren't X.1 updates, they aren't made to make any new features available or fix existing problems (except small bits of coding).

I too think that it's possible that resources in Apple were shifted from Apple TV to 10.5.2 to complete the Mac OS X update first, then the Apple TV update, just like how the iPhone was completed first before Leopard. At least this time, Apple has it's priorities straight! :)

"Fart and Poo" quote was pretty origional but was it really necessary for all of you guys to reply to it?

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
most posters are talking about 10.5.2. anyone installed the iweb update? any changes?

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
What is up with these vague update descriptions? "This update addresses compatibility with Mac OS X."

Well noooooo SH*T. Like there's another operating system it would address issues with?

Why even bother having a description?

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
most posters are talking about 10.5.2. anyone installed the iweb update? any changes?

It is not showing up via software update - I know we can go through the Apple downloads site but I was expecting to see it via software update.

GASP - just checked my logs and all the updates were auto downloaded / installed - never remember seeing any alert or giving it the "ok" - at any rate, it is done!

hhaeschen

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2008
EU
Need 10.5.2 nowwwwwwwwww. I'm getting to the breaking point of just doing a completely clean install on my iMac and losing all of my data in exchange for a working OS. Having to use my PB G4 instead of my intel iMac because the newer machine is being murdered by Leopard is not a situation I ever would have imagined being in from an Apple OS.

I hope you know that you are able to boot from CD/DVD and reinstall OS X WITHOUT deleting all your data. I did that once, it solved all my problems and I couldn't have been happier. Try that at least before losing everything. It's totally worth a shot.

AppleMojo

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007

"losing all of my data in exchange for a working OS" huh?

In the real word we have backups, but apparently in 'blow things out of proportion' world these don't exist?

We've all reinstalled OS's before...

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
When you say “shortly”, is that “hours” shortly, “days” shortly or “weeks” shortly (heaven forbid!)?

chubad

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Frozen Wasteland

What a drama queen! :rolleyes:

Apparently you know zero about troubleshooting. Leopard may have it's bugs but if your machine is unusable you have other issues dude.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't lose your data. That's silly considering the price of Hard Disk Drives, online storage and optical media. You'd really regret losing something.

I've heard of problems with Leopard, but none so bad the machine is unusable. What are these problems? Wireless? Mail? Anything commonly reported as a problem? In what way is Leopard “murdering” your machine?

Please say, someone might be able to suggest some solutions.
Well lets see...apps freeze randomly, force quit does nothing, Finder hangs nearly everytime I open it, force relaunch doesnt work. Same issues every single time I use my machine. I can reboot and get things normal, but these issues will just pop up immediately. I'm restarting nearly every 30 minutes because the entire system just hangs. I can't take it anymore.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
I would really like it if apple started releasing more minor updates more often, rather than building up fixes for hundreds of bugs, but making us wait...

bring on 10.5.1.1

dvd

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
Massachusetts

I installed it, took a quick look around, no obvious changes.

Seems more like a "Page 2" story than a front pager to me. zzzz....

Edit: I was hoping it would have some hook in it to add iPhone webclips to your webpages...

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Well lets see...apps freeze randomly, force quit does nothing, Finder hangs nearly everytime I open it, force relaunch doesnt work. Same issues every single time I use my machine. I can reboot and get things normal, but these issues will just pop up immediately. I'm restarting nearly every 30 minutes because the entire system just hangs. I can't take it anymore.

Back up your files (time machine works too), make sure you got all your application installers and re-install the machine. Setting up Mail and iTunes to take the old files and databases back is kinda a pain, but it works.

Boydbme

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
wow! (sarcasm)

Is it just me or does iWeb seem snappier? :rolleyes:

Can't wait till 10.5.2 though.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Doesn't sound like an OS issue, sounds like hardware. Better back up now before you get the unhappy ? mac of death.

offwidafairies

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
updates to iwork and iweb in 24hours :)
i love downloading
bring in 10.5.2

on another note
word keeps crashing - bring on office updates
still no pro tools for leopard :(
am switching to logic (but only have express version 7 :( )

EagerDragon

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2006
MA, USA
I'm going to wait to download this update. I've heard some stories about people's sites created with iWeb get totally jacked up when the downloaded the update. I invested way too much time in my site, so I'm going to wait to see if the waters are safe.

<Jaws music plays in the background>

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
I installed it, took a quick look around, no obvious changes.

Seems more like a "Page 2" story than a front pager to me. zzzz....

Edit: I was hoping it would have some hook in it to add iPhone webclips to your webpages...

thanks.

offwidafairies

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
so does this update make iweb sites not suck and take 38 minutes to load?

thats funny

id like to see more options in iweb
like drop down menus and forms
o and a music player so you dont need to open music files in a new page then use the back arrow to go back to the previous page after listening to music or watching a video
and support so people can listen/watch media from ur site without quicktime installed
o and it would be great if it could just export/upload changes rather than the entire site
and just change the site that has been changed, not siteS

my 2cents

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.