Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poofusnoof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I'm A Michigander
Hi.
My sister has an ol' iMac G3..
It has 10.4 installed on it..and..though it was fairly slow..it still worked fine.
I had ram from my old iMac that I let her use..and I put it in and turned it on..it took forever to load..but I figured..mine always takes forever to load after I unplug it..so finally it started up..and everything worked fine.
Then about a week later...she tried to turn it on..and it just gets stuck at the Apple screen with the spinning wheel..
Its not the ram..since I've put the old ram that was in it previously..and it still won't boot up..

Is it just showing its age?
Or is it fixable?

Thanks.

MacHappytjg

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Winnipeg
did u just do some updates, and i find when using target it takes a little longer to load for the first few days like my emac here, and my friends imac g4 400 was like that oh and if its done im in need of a hd for mine :D

poofusnoof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I'm A Michigander
lol.
Well..the problem is its an older slot loading G3..and only a CD drive.
BUT...Tiger is installed..I'm guessing they installed it on the HD since the computer doesn't even have firewire.

So..I can't boot it from the DVD.
After about 2 hours it will get to the blue screen with the mouse pointer..and then it just stops..
I dunno..it may need more ram..but..I prolly won't mess with her til' I get enough time..

And..I may just get rid of it for parts if thats all I can do..lol
Now I have an excuse to get a new iMac..since my sister took my G3 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.