Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Apple have agreed to replace battery - See last post

Hi,

I have a macbook (over two years old). When running on the battery it will shutdown at about 25%. If i remove the batter and replace it then wait a while (15 mins) I can boot and it shows a battery level of about 0 to 1%.

I have installed the battery 1.2 update, it made no difference. I am on the latest version of Leopard.

Does anyone know an email address I can contact Apple on to try and get another battery out of them.

The details of the battery are below

Thanks

Battery Information:

Model Information:
Serial Number: DP-ASMB013-34b1-4bdc
Manufacturer: DP
Device name: ASMB013
Pack Lot Code: 0001
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0102
Hardware Revision: 0300
Cell Revision: 0100
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 4092
Fully charged: Yes
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 4103
Health Information:
Cycle count: 87
Battery health: Good
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 12534

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
If your in the USA and you have AppleCare, then yes, maybe.

Just call and report your problem, since a battery is a user replaceable part - they should mail it to you...

However, I'm curious.
Does your MacBook try to recharge the battery? Or not?

rjflyn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2007
Hi,

I have a macbook (over two years old). When running on the battery it will shutdown at about 25%. If i remove the batter and replace it then wait a while (15 mins) I can boot and it shows a battery level of about 0 to 1%.

I have installed the battery 1.2 update, it made no difference. I am on the latest version of Leopard.

Does anyone know an email address I can contact Apple on to try and get another battery out of them.

The details of the battery are below

Thanks

Battery Information:

Model Information:
Serial Number: DP-ASMB013-34b1-4bdc
Manufacturer: DP
Device name: ASMB013
Pack Lot Code: 0001
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0102
Hardware Revision: 0300
Cell Revision: 0100
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 4092
Fully charged: Yes
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 4103
Health Information:
Cycle count: 87
Battery health: Good
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 12534

With a two year old battery get real. um NO. Sounds like what my abused 2 year old iBook battery does.

Palladium

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2006
Northern Ireland, UK
Hi,

I have a white 2.0GHz MacBook which was showing exactly the same symptoms, except last time I tried to calibrate the battery it shut down shortly after reporting 52 minutes of power remaining! Apple gave me a replacement battery just a week ago. I don't have Applecare though I did purchase in the UK with educational discount which apparently gives some extended cover. I'd say go for it. They have some notes on the Apple Store support pages on problems with macBook batteries

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

I think I convinced them that my battery fell into the third of their problem areas. Have a go with Apple.

Best of Luck

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Battery on it's way from Apple

I took palladiums advice and gave it a go.... It works

I phoned Apple on 0845 600 1683

I chose the option for MacBook then I think it was option 3

The helpful lady asked for the serial number, and then informed me I was out of warranty. I bought my MacBook in May 06

I explained that I had the issue of my MacBook shutting down without warning when it showed between 25 to 30%, I then said I knew about the battery replacement program. She asked how long the battery lasted, I said I didn't know exactly but it shouldn't shutdown without warning.

She also asked for the following

Full charge capacity
Charge remaining
Cycle count

She then said may battery fell under the replacement program and that they would send me one.

They are sending it by UPS, and that UPS would collect the old one. However they take a credit card number and will charge £69.99 if I do not return it.

So if anyone is in the same boat, give it a go!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.