Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:21 PM   #1
chemistslime
macrumors member

Forgot iPhone Passcode; Help!

Hi all,
I seem to have forgotten my iphone passcode that I set in the menu. And because I cannot connect to the computer without it, I can't even do a restore. Is there any way around this?

Last edited by chemistslime; Sep 17, 2007 at 08:37 PM.
chemistslime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:24 PM   #2
ivi7
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemistslime View Post
Hi all,
I seem to have forgotten my iphone passcode that I set in the menu. And because I cannot connect to the computer without it, I can even do a restore. Is there any way around this?
I don't think anything could be done till you connect it to itunes.
Good luck with that.
ivi7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:28 PM   #3
Ron21
macrumors 6502

Sounds more like you found/stole an iPhone and now you are looking for a way to bypass the 4 digit code.
Ron21 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:35 PM   #4
chemistslime
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron21 View Post
Sounds more like you found/stole an iPhone and now you are looking for a way to bypass the 4 digit code.
Found an Iphone? I wish, if you look at my past posts, you'll know that I have an Iphone. Thanks for thread crapping though.
chemistslime is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:46 PM   #5
Ron21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Found an Iphone? I wish, if you look at my past posts, you'll know that I have an Iphone. Thanks for thread crapping though.
So then why don't you simply connect it to your computer and do a restore?
Ron21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:49 PM   #6
chemistslime
macrumors member

Quote:
So then why don't you simply connect it to your computer and do a restore?
Because it wont' LET ME WITHOUT the passcode which is why I'm asking for help. DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? Dude, get out of my thread.
chemistslime is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Telp
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Telp
I agree that you do make it sound like you stole or found this iphone, however, try putting it into disk mode or whatever its called. That should, maybe work.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:55 PM   #8
Ron21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Because it wont' LET ME WITHOUT the passcode which is why I'm asking for help. DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? Dude, get out of my thread.
See here is where you don't make sense... The iPhone will allow you to do a restore with the computer that you last synced it with. It doesn't matter if it is pass locked or not. I just tried it on my own a iPhone and it worked.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:58 PM   #9
chemistslime
macrumors member

Quote:
See here is where you don't make sense... The iPhone will allow you to do a restore with the computer that you last synced it with. It doesn't matter if it is pass locked or not. I just tried it on my own a iPhone and it worked.
Well, I apologize if I sounded a bit tense. When I connect it to my computer, it doesn't even show up. Usually there's this noise, like "beep" which means my computer detected a USB device; in this case, I connect it, and nothing shows up and the Iphone icon in iTunes doesn't even pop up so I'm assuming it won't let me connect. Are you using a Mac or PC. Again, I apologize for my initial "eruption" but you had accused me of stealing.
chemistslime is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 09:12 PM   #10
Sobe
macrumors 68000

it's kind of funny considering all the talk about hacks and unlocks that a poor guy forgets his passcode and gets mauled.
Sobe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 09:14 PM   #11
ntrigue
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ntrigue
HOLD the Power Button and the Home Button until a 'Yellow Hazard Triangle' Appears...(25 SECONDS)

Then connect to iTunes and it will prompt to Restore
ntrigue is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 09:15 PM   #12
Ron21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Well, I apologize if I sounded a bit tense. When I connect it to my computer, it doesn't even show up. Usually there's this noise, like "beep" which means my computer detected a USB device; in this case, I connect it, and nothing shows up and the Iphone icon in iTunes doesn't even pop up so I'm assuming it won't let me connect. Are you using a Mac or PC. Again, I apologize for my initial "eruption" but you had accused me of stealing.
In that case plug the iphone in, hold the power button and then slide to power off. Press the power button, as soon as the apple logo appears press and hold both the top power button and the home button together until the orange triangle appears. This should put the iPhone into restore mode, open itunes and restore.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 08:52 AM   #13
sadamsa
macrumors newbie

iphone basic pass code!

Hy everybody!
Is there any basic pass code for iphone, because one of my firend says that he didnt changed any code and one time when he tried to unlock the iphone it shown "please enter pass code"
So i want to ask if is any basic pass code?

Thanks!
Adam
sadamsa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 01:02 PM   #14
ivi7
macrumors 6502a

The iPhone does not have a default passcode. So it should not ask you to enter anything if you haven't set a new one.
ivi7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 02:49 PM   #15
mongoose8p
macrumors regular

Hold done the menu button and the sleep button for 20-30 seconds and it will go into restore mode then connect it to your computer and restore it should work
mongoose8p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 08:44 AM   #16
sadamsa
macrumors newbie

what is when the iphone is unlocked?

And what is if my iPhone didn't activated whit itunes, so if it is an unlocked iphone whit other sim not AT&T, and i forgot my pass code? Can i restore the original version than too? And can i unlock it again?
sadamsa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:23 PM   #17
nicolishez
macrumors newbie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadamsa View Post
And what is if my iPhone didn't activated whit itunes, so if it is an unlocked iphone whit other sim not AT&T, and i forgot my pass code? Can i restore the original version than too? And can i unlock it again?
did you actually get a reply for this?? what would we have to do in such a case? my best friend managed to lock her phone by forgetting her password (very clever) and she has an unlocked iphone not with AT&T so she hasnt used the itunes feature and never actually connected her iphone on her laptop.. what does she have to do now? any help, pleaaaaase!!
nicolishez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:17 PM   #18
outaru
macrumors member

I've been lurking on this forums since i had a mac (3 years) i think it's time to participate...

If you know the basics of hacking your iphone you can follow this method to bypass your iphone passcode link here
outaru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:23 PM   #19
razorianfly
macrumors 65816

Quote:
That deserves one huge lol.

R-Fly
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:28 PM   #20
jackjason
macrumors regular

try give it back to the owner.
that's 0911
jackjason is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:29 PM   #21
macbookhamburg
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadamsa View Post
Hy everybody!
Is there any basic pass code for iphone, because one of my firend says that he didnt changed any code and one time when he tried to unlock the iphone it shown "please enter pass code"
So i want to ask if is any basic pass code?

Thanks!
Adam
there is no basic passcode but if you have a code on you sim it needs to be entered after switching it on ...
macbookhamburg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:02 PM   #22
kathmat
macrumors newbie

Angry Why so suspicious?

I have been reading these posts and simply cannot believe how suspicious and cynical some of you are. So sad. My daughter inadvertently "washed" her iPhone along with her comforter on Saturday. Wash, rinse, spin the whole works. Needless to say we thought the thing had to be a goner. She went out yesterday and four hours later had her new iPhone3G. Since Saturday though I refused to give the old phone up for dead, and did everything I saw on the forums as a last resort, including submerging the thing in a paper bag full of uncooked rice and cilica packets. Leaving it in the car (we live in Miami - hot!) for two days, and today when we turned it on - well waddya know! Bingo!! Crystal clear and looking great. In attempting to synch it in itunes however, it is asking for the passcode. She put in the one she had but it won't recognise it. She did not STEAL her phone, she just washed the darn thing by mistake causing this problem. Why would anyone assume that because itunes does not recognise the passcode that there is not a legitimate reason for this problem. Back to the Apple store tomorrow. Left to you lot we'd by cuffed and carted away by now! Jeez!
kathmat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:39 PM   #23
skubish
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathmat View Post
I have been reading these posts and simply cannot believe how suspicious and cynical some of you are. So sad. My daughter inadvertently "washed" her iPhone along with her comforter on Saturday. Wash, rinse, spin the whole works. Needless to say we thought the thing had to be a goner. She went out yesterday and four hours later had her new iPhone3G. Since Saturday though I refused to give the old phone up for dead, and did everything I saw on the forums as a last resort, including submerging the thing in a paper bag full of uncooked rice and cilica packets. Leaving it in the car (we live in Miami - hot!) for two days, and today when we turned it on - well waddya know! Bingo!! Crystal clear and looking great. In attempting to synch it in itunes however, it is asking for the passcode. She put in the one she had but it won't recognise it. She did not STEAL her phone, she just washed the darn thing by mistake causing this problem. Why would anyone assume that because itunes does not recognise the passcode that there is not a legitimate reason for this problem. Back to the Apple store tomorrow. Left to you lot we'd by cuffed and carted away by now! Jeez!
You are too trusting of people on the interwebs, young padawan.
iPod Nano 8GB Blue
skubish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:15 AM   #24
kathmat
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb Padawan

Well - 'tis true. Pollyanna"ish" I might be, but what we did actually worked. I mean we really thought the thing was dead and would have to be jettisoned into the the next black hole we encountered. There was nothing to lose therefore, and whether it was the rice the cilica or the hot car something did the trick. I know someone else who had a similar problem - different body of water, and one week in the hot car and it also came back to life. Pity the same thing did not work with my iPod which also suffered a major MI when encountering water on Saturday. Oh well... sigh. Live and hopefully learn.
kathmat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:28 AM   #25
outaru
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubish View Post
You are too trusting of people on the interwebs, young padawan.
people are rude, the webs makes them worst..
outaru is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting