Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I've never seen someone refer to water damage as a MI. That's funny she must be an MD to say it had an MI or VD or ED. HA HA

richg916

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Hy everybody!
Is there any basic pass code for iphone, because one of my firend says that he didnt changed any code and one time when he tried to unlock the iphone it shown "please enter pass code"
So i want to ask if is any basic pass code?

Thanks!
Adam

If you are talking about the sim lock, then it is 1111.

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007

:D

But really though, I also think you stole it. If not, then take it to a Genius Bar.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Because it wont' LET ME WITHOUT the passcode which is why I'm asking for help. DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? Dude, get out of my thread.

Never heard of that happening before. Ever. When I plug my iPhone into my computer I don't have to enter my passcode to get it to connect. In fact, I just tested it right now, and it did not ask me for the passcode, and simply synced the phone no questions asked. Are you sure you didn't steal it? Seriously though, if your phone isn't showing up on your computer it probably has something to do with your USB connector, or your USB port itself. Try using a different port, or plugging and unplugging the USB from the phone/port several times.

macintosh.apple

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Hy everybody!
Is there any basic pass code for iphone, because one of my firend says that he didnt changed any code and one time when he tried to unlock the iphone it shown "please enter pass code"
So i want to ask if is any basic pass code?

Thanks!
Adam

This is a bad side affect of releasing the iPhone in multiple countries.:eek:

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
Never heard of that happening before. Ever. When I plug my iPhone into my computer I don't have to enter my passcode to get it to connect. In fact, I just tested it right now, and it did not ask me for the passcode, and simply synced the phone no questions asked. Are you sure you didn't steal it? Seriously though, if your phone isn't showing up on your computer it probably has something to do with your USB connector, or your USB port itself. Try using a different port, or plugging and unplugging the USB from the phone/port several times.

iTunes will not ask you for a pass code unless the phone is locked and it was synced with a different computer. Sound's like you found the phone because iTunes would recognize it then, or something is wrong with the USB port on your computer or the dock connector.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 532

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
Well - 'tis true. Pollyanna"ish" I might be, but what we did actually worked. I mean we really thought the thing was dead and would have to be jettisoned into the the next black hole we encountered.

Big deal, you already bought a new one.

Title of this thread should be "Too much money to buy iPhones; HELP????"

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Could you have accidentally swapped your iPhone with somebody else's iPhone. They pretty much look identical to each other of the same color. You can check the iPhone's serial number (on the GSM SIM card holder) against the one on your receipt.

sallythemac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
iTunes will not ask you for a pass code unless the phone is locked and it was synced with a different computer.

Exactly. When i have got a replacements iPhone from an Apple store, they have activated it for me there and then (as i live quite far away and need to be able to make/receive calls on the way home). First thing i do is set a passcode (don't want to get complacent). When i get home i get the same error as crisss1205 has posted unless i unlock it first before attaching it to my mac.

Therefore, this phone is not synced with the computer you are using. It's either not your computer, or not your iPhone.

wd40

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
Ok, I just synced my iphone and it deleted all but 5 recently downloaded apps!? My dad and I both sync to the same comp so what I think happened is that I only had a few checked off last time I synched my dad's iPhone (bc he doesn't need a facebook app etc.).

But I digress... So I went ahead and did a restore to the last backup before today's sync (sept 12) in hopes of getting the apps back. Not only <b>NO DICE </b> on the apps restore but when the iPhone is now Passcode-locked and none of my standard pass-codes work. :mad:

Long story short:
I did a restore and my iphone is asking for a passcode and no passcodes (that I have used prior) work!?! I've got iTunes open and get jump around to all the tabs, but I'm definitely ticked off - this has been a serious waste of time =/

Any ideas/solutions? Seems like another restore will just ask for passcode again. Perhaps a restore to today's backup will ask for today's passcode - both assume that there's no way to get back all of my old apps which appear to have been deleted.

abcNoob

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Best Solution To Unlocking And Restoring Your Iphone!

First, turn your iPhone off...
You can turn it off even if it is locked with a passcode.
If you don't know how to turn it off:
1. Press/hold power button for 5 seconds
2. Slide the red bar at the top all the way to the right.

Once off, wait 5 seconds

NOTE: when I say wait 10 seconds, start counting from 0 (zero), not 1. Use a countdown timer if you don't know how to count properly.

Press/hold power and home button for 10 seconds...
Release power button but NOT home button, hold the home button for 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, you can then release the home button.

After that, connect your iPhone to iTunes, and then it will say "iTunes has detected an iPhone in Restore mode. You must restore your iPhone before using it with iTunes". Now you can restore your iPhone and recover it from it's passcode lock. :)

media3440

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
At the risk of inflaming some of you even more, how about this scenario? My five year-old daughter was playing with my phone (can't start indoctrinating them to the Mac way too young, I say!) and must have pressed something, cos now my phone requires a passcode when it never did before!

I will quietly restore it to its original settings, but I most certainly did not steal my phone.

Happy New year :)

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley

Yup. The basic passcode is none. If you don't have a passcode on your iphone, your "friends" can play nasty tricks on you by adding one. Only takes a few seconds.

tommyIphone

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
a few days ago i forgot my passcode. and i had to restore and i did not get a message that said that ..my iphone showed up and i clicked restore and everything was fine

jimrx7

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2009
any ideas if my iphone won't unlock with the passcode I set? I can't just restore it in itunes as this will reset it to Canadian settings where the phone was purchased and I live in australia...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.