Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
There's a new Beta for F@H WUdget http://sites.google.com/site/pgwalsh/beta

Beta 1.5.7k
Note: This client only works with the current beta V7.1.48 and not the previous. FAHControl has had some backend changes in the way they format dates and has also removed some fields. Please keep an eye on Elapsed Time and Estimated Finish as these were effected the most. They appear to be accurate most of the time, but sometimes not.

New:
  • Background Update Agent for widget.
  • Folding@home News RSS feed integrated. Only shows the newest post.
  • Works with latest client.

Changes:
  • Remote stats is now saved in Application Folder instead of preferences.
  • Elapsed Time and Finish have been changed. Should be more accurate.
  • Many backend changes.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed some unit name recognition. As before this is an ongoing thing.

Last edited:

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
I would try it too, please email!

An idea: could you support people who have contributed to multiple teams also? FAH provides these stats also...

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
I would try it too, please email!

An idea: could you support people who have contributed to multiple teams also? FAH provides these stats also...
I'd prefer if you'd email me through the forum's and then I can email you the widget. :cool:

The widget can provide for multiple teams, but you need to create an instance for each widget. The information comes directly from the Folding@home website, not from a third party.

I'll email you the new beta as soon as I'm finished, which will be tonight or tomorrow. /dev/toaster has been very helpful in the initial tests.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I'd prefer if you'd email me through the forum's and then I can email you the widget. :cool:

The widget can provide for multiple teams, but you need to create an instance for each widget. The information comes directly from the Folding@home website, not from a third party.

I'll email you the new beta as soon as I'm finished, which will be tonight or tomorrow. /dev/toaster has been very helpful in the initial tests.

i sent you an email, if you still need more feedback

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008

I meant even crunching for only one team thus using one widget, can you also show the user total WU/rank combining all the team, numbers provided by the FAH stat in the same place you check the stat for just one team.
Check my FAH individual stat page on FAH to see what I mean (user SciFrog).

Check your PM for email...

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
I meant even crunching for only one team thus using one widget, can you also show the user total WU/rank combining all the team, numbers provided by the FAH stat in the same place you check the stat for just one team.
Check my FAH individual stat page on FAH to see what I mean (user SciFrog).

Check your PM for email...
It shows WU total for all teams at the top of the widget from the page of a user and you don't have to provide a team number. Total WU is all work units for a user. Work Units is the total for a user and a particular team. It's all the same information from the stats page without going to the site. The Rank in Team is from the fast user page and therefore is a bit behind, but that is the only page that supports every user from a team.

I hope I answered your question.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Widget is ready!

Okay.. after some very helpful beta testing by /dev/toaster, twoodcc and SciFrog the widget is ready.

You can find it here: Apple.com

The new look:

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I haven't had a chance to test this. I currently use Increase to get the work. Does the widget also use up all cpu for max output? or is that a "feature" of the SMP cores?

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
I haven't had a chance to test this. I currently use Increase to get the work. Does the widget also use up all cpu for max output? or is that a "feature" of the SMP cores?
I'm not completely following you, but increase should be fine for maximizing your work unit output. This widget is for display your statistics through dashboard. I have no idea if increase does this or not as I've never used it.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I'm not completely following you, but increase should be fine for maximizing your work unit output. This widget is for display your statistics through dashboard. I have no idea if increase does this or not as I've never used it.

hehehehe, never mind, I should have refreshed my memory by reading the original posts again. :eek:

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
Doesn't seem to work for me on my Mac Pro running two clients simultaneously (Prefpane and console-only).

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Doesn't seem to work for me on my Mac Pro running two clients simultaneously (Prefpane and console-only).

That's not very descriptive, so it'll be hard to fix. If you could provide a little detail that would be helpful. For example: which folding version of the clients are you using? Are they 6.02 or 5.02 or the new beta? There's a link on the bottom of the back where you can email me directly. Without more specifics, it would be hard to to fix.

lyzardking

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Website error?

No info on me or team (yes my info is on the "back"), has info on work unit, averages & add info.

Let me know if you additional info

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
No info on me or team (yes my info is on the "back"), has info on work unit, averages & add info.

Let me know if you additional info

Are you just getting the local computer info information? How long have you been running the widget?

Folding at home's website statistics go down for about an hour every three hours. So if it doesn't update give it some time. You'll see that there's a retry timer that set for 5 minutes and the regular time is 90 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.