Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
UK
While yellowsn0w is out, people gonna start using different SIM cards etc. I was thinking about writing down all the Network settings for 3G in here, so you can get access to internet with all the networks around the globe.

After putting in new SIM, go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

Vodafone UK:
APN: internet
Username: wap
Password: wap

Post your settings, thanks.

penix

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2009
These are the settings I used to get data working on T-Mobile in the California San Francisco Bay Area.

Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)

I've also read some people are using internet2.voicestream.com and internet3.voicestream.com depending on what data plan they subscribe to.

pkkrusty

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2002
France
Two things: I live and travel in Europe and have found a great worldwide resource for APN lists. Do a google search for "Ross Barkman APN" and it'll take you to http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

He has compiled a thorough list of worldwide APN info and keep it updated, takes submissions, etc. VERY useful.

Second, as a newly unlocked iPhone 3G user (read 20 minutes ago) how do I change the APN settings on the phone so it accesses the right server/IP?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe if I read the FIRST POST of the thread I would have seen it. I'm an idiot. Disregard.
EDIT 2: Maybe I'm not, Cellular Data Network menu doesn't exist. Any ideas?

Geniusdog254

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2008
Two things: I live and travel in Europe and have found a great worldwide resource for APN lists. Do a google search for "Ross Barkman APN" and it'll take you to http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

He has compiled a thorough list of worldwide APN info and keep it updated, takes submissions, etc. VERY useful.

Second, as a newly unlocked iPhone 3G user (read 20 minutes ago) how do I change the APN settings on the phone so it accesses the right server/IP?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe if I read the FIRST POST of the thread I would have seen it. I'm an idiot. Disregard.

Theres a package in Cydia, I believe it's called something like "Edit APN Settings" that makes the menu appear. Maybe search in cydia for APN and it will show up?

sjorge

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
Carrier: Proximus (Contract or Pay&Go)
APN: internet.proximus.be
User: (blank)
Pass: (blank)

I got a custom carrier bundle with all the settings + some extra stuff like check balance & voice mail not sure if there is interest in this but if there is I'll put it on rapidshare or something.

sjorge

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008

If you unlocked with yellowsn0w the menu will appear unless you've inserted an sim of a supported carrier.

If I stick in my Mobistar (official carrier for .be) SIM all the settings are correctly filled in. (Using swiss unlocked phone).

wyldeone

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
Have changed APN settings...how long before it works?

Hi, Thanks for the info below...done that but still not working at the moment, how long before it does?
I spoke to Vodafone UK and they gave me the same info for the Username & Password but a different ANP Address; wap.vodafone.co.uk, that didn't work too....My iPhone is a 3G 16GB from the USA and has been unlocked with the 2.28 yellowsn0w software detailed below. The phone is working fine and I have the 3G Vodafone Internet package, linked to my contract.
Hope you can help....thanks, Nik.

While yellowsn0w is out, people gonna start using different SIM cards etc. I was thinking about writing down all the Network settings for 3G in here, so you can get access to internet with all the networks around the globe.

After putting in new SIM, go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network

Vodafone UK:
APN: internet
Username: wap
Password: wap

Post your settings, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.