Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jodelli

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2008
Windsor, ON, Canada
Cogeco cable connection, OS 10.4.11

Attachments

• speed2.jpg
    speed2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 453

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
UK
Some peoples comments about their 50Meg+ connection make me sick 'ohh it's too slow', 'my crappy speed!' seriously.

Urgh! It's free with TalkTalk but we pay line rental + calls from them. All in all we pay about £23 a month for calls, broadband and line rental but my Mum sorts all that out. We pay for upto 8MB, but our area is max 2.5meg'ish.

Argh so annoying *cry*

Blakely028

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Scotland
now that is just rediculous!!!!!

we have ADSL2+, which is supposedly 24mbps, our ISP gives you only 20mbps MAX, then there is latency and all of that crap, i get about 17mbps...

how on earth you get it HIGHER i will never know.

If that sounds bad, see mine! I'm supposed to get 8mbps, but I don't even get 1mbps! Must be due to the time of day or something, usually get about 6mbps....

Attachments

• SpeedTest.jpg
    SpeedTest.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 348

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
now that is just rediculous!!!!! we have ADSL2+, which is supposedly 24mbps, our ISP gives you only 20mbps MAX, then there is latency and all of that crap, i get about 17mbps... how on earth you get it HIGHER i will never know.

I hear ya'! I'm totally impressed with Comcast after having AT&T DSL 3.0 (with numbers of 3020kbps download and 300kbps upload) since it came out several years back. Comcast has HD cable TV, local and long distance phone and high-speed internet 16Mbps for $139 USD per month, pretty nice...

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
If that sounds bad, see mine! I'm supposed to get 8mbps, but I don't even get 1mbps! Must be due to the time of day or something, usually get about 6mbps....

wow. thats quite stupid, im sorry for you! your exchange musnt be able to handle all the people using it or something??

I hear ya'! I'm totally impressed with Comcast after having AT&T DSL 3.0 (with numbers of 3020kbps download and 300kbps upload) since it came out several years back. Comcast has HD cable TV, local and long distance phone and high-speed internet 16Mbps for $139 USD per month, pretty nice...

you had me like :eek::eek::eek: because you put mbps instead of kbps, i nearly asked you if i could come and live with you lol. still thats better than mine by a lot. 16megabytes??? wow.... crazy. we are so far behind here in australia.

i pay $100AUS ($65US) for internet (internet only, not home phone or anything else), with 25GB download (capped to 64kb when i go over).. its totally stupid!

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
now that is just rediculous!!!!!

we have ADSL2+, which is supposedly 24mbps, our ISP gives you only 20mbps MAX, then there is latency and all of that crap, i get about 17mbps...

how on earth you get it HIGHER i will never know.

Our plan is 1.5 Mbps…(less in practice)…yeah. I don't think anyone else here has the right to winge :p

We, like many live too far from any exchange to get anything faster.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
wow. thats quite stupid, im sorry for you! your exchange musnt be able to handle all the people using it or something?? you had me like :eek::eek::eek: because you put mbps instead of kbps, i nearly asked you if i could come and live with you lol. still thats better than mine by a lot. 16megabytes??? wow.... crazy. we are so far behind here in australia. i pay $100AUS ($65US) for internet (internet only, not home phone or anything else), with 25GB download (capped to 64kb when i go over).. its totally stupid!

Too funny! Yup, I caught it just a bit after I posted, thanks. Hopefully things will change for you guys "down under." That's just not fair...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.