Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GHz
3MB L2 cache
2GB RAM DDR III, 1066MHz
Super Drive is SATA
Pretty believable specs to me. Are you saying there will only be one Mac mini? That too isn't unbelievable.

Now do you have any scoop on the iMac? :D :p :cool:

C

champ01

Lol, convincing fake is convincing, but I don't see why the mini would get FW800 when the Macbooks don't... I commend you for your photoshop skills though, it's really good!

I still see a nice future for the macbook having firewire back in action
They don't want more and more hackintosh taken over

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Quite convincing. Perhaps a picture not taken by a cell phone would allow for less graininess, but then again, the editing would be harder that way. ;)

I thought there will be people like you, next time there is no reason to post anything...

And don't come back saying, "Oh, well, since you guys didn't believe me, I won't post my pictures; how's that?" because there are only two ways that this will end:

1. You don't have anything, can't post anything, and are only covering up your easily-picked out lie.
2. You have actual pictures, choose not to post them here, for whatever reason, and then go post them somewhere else, leading us to find out about them anyway.

It is human nature that if you have something that no one else does, you will want to brag about it. Either that or you don't actually have it. Terrible, but that's how I've seen things.

Did I NOT call that? I mean, seriously.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I do not need to proof anything to anyone...I posted what I have, if there are any questions about components, feel free to ask, and I will try to find out.

Okay, I know that I posted this thread, and I know that, of all people, I'm a stickler for staying on topic, but...

What do you know about the next Mac Pro? :D

Undo Redo

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
Colorado, USA
Monthy, thanks for the photo! If it's a fake it's a pretty good one. Curious how pre-release photos are nearly always grainy and out of focus. This is why people are skeptical.

I think it would be very nice if Apple follows their MacBook three tiered lineup for the mini: a nice bump for the current mini, still keeping the low-end at $599. Then there's a new mini with even better specs that looks more refined, like the aluminum MacBooks for $699-899.

But I wouldn't expect a bumped low-end mini to have two ports for displays, or even FW800.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
...still keeping the low-end at $599. Then there's a new mini with even better specs that looks more refined, like the aluminum MacBooks for $699-899.

*long, drawn-out* Nooooooooooooooooooo...

DROP the treasonous price of the current model if you're going to keep it around and put the new one at the current price points.

Undo Redo

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
Colorado, USA
*long, drawn-out* Nooooooooooooooooooo...

DROP the treasonous price of the current model if you're going to keep it around and put the new one at the current price points.
But you forget, "Apple doesn't know how to make a $500 computer that's not a piece of junk." :D

I just can't see Apple giving the mini a significant upgrade, new enclosure, DDR3 and all for $599. It won't happen, IMO.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I just can't see Apple giving the mini a significant upgrade, new enclosure, DDR3 and all for $599. It won't happen, IMO.
Anybody think we will see that for $699 and a lower-end model like the whiteBook for $499?

Also, the CPU monthy gives is the 2.0 GHz 25 W 3 MB L2 1067FSB model instead of the (probably cheaper) 2.0 GHz 35 W 2 MB L2 800FSB model. Maybe we'll see the latter in the $499?

Undo Redo

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
Colorado, USA
For some fun with numbers, let's look at the $1300 MacBook in terms of retail value of the components. I'm only hypothesizing with these generous numbers:

Give up the battery and save yourself $125.
Give up the display and save yourself $150.
Give up the keyboard and save yourself $75.
Give up the trackpad and save yourself $50.
Give up the unibody frame and save yourself $200.

Subtract all that and you basically have a new Mac mini at $700. I don't think Apple would sell it for $600.

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
Fake! Very good fake! I hope I'm wrong.

I would be impressed if they offered an un-redesigned model with some sweet upgrades (in sync with a new white MB). I would be disappointed if they didn't also offer a newly redesigned unibody look as an upper end model.

I also don't understand two different display ports.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Fake! Very good fake! I hope I'm wrong.

I would be impressed if they offered an un-redesigned model with some sweet upgrades (in sync with a new white MB). I would be disappointed if they didn't also offer a newly redesigned unibody look as an upper end model.

I also don't understand two different display ports.

Same, seems pointless having the outdated tech on there...

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
now why would apple include FIVE USB ports?!?!?!

that to me makes it fake, because apple is apple.

if you had the real thing you clearly would have uploaded other pictures.

Well, it's a desktop machine, and it currently has 4 USB ports. I don't see why just adding a single additional seems unbelievable.

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008

Do you have any information about the case having black plastic? This thing could be a prototype, using old cases parts. I hope so, I don't see Apple keeping the mine white and silver while the rest of their computer are using black and silver.

illegallydead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Colorado!!!
hmmm.... is that the same power adapter that the current Mini's use? Just curious; I really have no in-person experience with Mini's.

And I still have to cry BS on the two different types of display adapters.
Maybe you saw a prototype?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.