Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockatteer

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
I think (REALLY reaching here) that he wouldn't have it set up that way if it hurt his neck.
You mean like people don't sit wrong when typing because it hurts their wrists/back and shoulders?

The point being that kind of injury isn't painful until after the damage is done. He could sit like that for weeks/months/years (depending on how much he uses it) before he's done enough damage to start feeling pain.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
What I'm wondering is how the heck you guys save enough to get a new Mac! In my life I've had about $1500 total, but nowhere near that amount at one time.

Anyway, yes, paid for my iBook G4 and eMac myself. Great little machines, they are. I'm 16 now, bought the iBook when I was 15.

not a lot of people here - but a lot of people sure can. when you work and pay for your own things they feel a lot better. sure i'd love a mac pro or a UMBP.

i've been working fulltime since i was 13 - and graduated a year and a half early from high school. did a lot of touring with my church and finally started college.

after 2 cars, many amps, many guitars, many many pedals i finally got around to getting myself an Apple product.

I got my MacBook and iPhone inside of the same month (december 23rd for the MacBook - Jan 5th for the iPhone), and then traded my Vox AC30 CC2 for a Mac Mini set up (in Feb.) for my mom to use for school at the house.

at the shop we have to listen to the rap station because that's what my co-workers enjoy and i hear the line:

"it ain't trickin' if you got it" a lot.

but when someone else buys things for you and you show it off - i guess (with lack of a better slang word) you're " trickin' "

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
Better pic of my PowerBook. My monitor cable broke so I am using it away from the desk because there is no point in using it at the desk with no benefit.

I am away from home but this pic is from the house. I do not have my camera with me.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 280

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
You know where I can get a cheap last gen 15 inch MacBook Pro?

Did you notice that pic is 1280*854?

YOU'RE USING YOUR OWN COMPUTER AS YOUR WALLPAPER????

Just kidding.

I would try http://www.gainsaver.com/Catalog/List.aspx?CCode=1015^Apple&CCode=2139^Macbook+Pro

Just reaching.

EDIT: For example.... .1.83 Core Duo 15" for $600.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
You could also use a non-hipster camera. ;)

Like a phone or the junk 1.3 megapixel camera I have that sucks batteries or a VGA video camera like I did before.

My PB and Grandma's Dell with 1440*900 (set to 1280*800) screen. (excuse the camera phone pic I do not have a real camera with me)

Attachments

• 0407092031.jpg
    0407092031.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,146

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
IIRC they are legit, but they have horrible service.

Yeah, the site I write for (Low End Mac) had an article about a sale on MBPs so I assumed they were legit.

dmmicintyre3, I'm amazed your grandma knows what a computer IS.

I offered to give mine an iMac and it took me 15 minutes to explain to her what the Internet is. ;)

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Yeah, the site I write for (Low End Mac) had an article about a sale on MBPs so I assumed they were legit.

I offered to give mine an iMac and it took me 15 minutes to explain to her what the Internet is. ;)

My grandmother is 70 years old and she knows how to check her email and do word documents. :)

Heck, I have a grandfather that's 81 and he knows more about computers then my mom does. :p

jhawk2

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
What I'm wondering is how the heck you guys save enough to get a new Mac! In my life I've had about $1500 total, but nowhere near that amount at one time.

Anyway, yes, paid for my iBook G4 and eMac myself. Great little machines, they are. I'm 16 now, bought the iBook when I was 15.

I started by getting an ibook g3 for $75. I then started buying and selling macs. I now am typing on a macbook I got for $200. I have made over $1500 (In the bank) :) Oh how I love winodows users who sell macs. ;)

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007

They downgrade their computers. You have to pay extra for a airport card there. 80 GB HD and combo drive. If you put it to the original specs it is the price of it anywhere else.

I have seen some of your articles on Low End Mac

That picture was taken with her cell phone

Her dell has 2 GB RAM and a 160 GB HD. Some amd processor and ATI integrated graphics. 17 inch 1440*900 screen

MacsBestFriend

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
upstate ny (purgatory)
Well, right now I use my mom's last gen iMac. I could buy my MacBook if I wanted to right now, but I am holding out until the summer for 100 bucks off and a free iPod Touch. I also would like Snow Leopard on my machine without paying for a upgrade two months later, even though the details are very shady :confused:. I also want a dirt cheap monitor and an old iMac I can buy from my school, which is upgrading all of it's machines right now.

My camera is a Olympus FE-350 Wide I got for my birthday last month.
I am going to get a BB Storm next week for my bday present from my dad and I am gining the free one to my older sister.

My (Mom's) setup:
[just took a pic- ill put it up in a sec!]

BB_Storm_Front_Left.jpg

macbook-aluminum.jpg

MacBook.Matt

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
13" MacBook Aluminum 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
22" AOC Monitor, Great deal @ CompUSA/TigerDirect
Some 8$ Logitech Speakers I picked up at a liquidation sale
Bluetooth Mouse, Keyboard coming soon!

P1000191.jpg

edit: Glare on MacBook is nowhere near as bad as it looks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.