Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stodie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
I don't know if anyone can help me but my ipod just wont turn on, or charge, the computer doesn't even recognise i have plugged it in. It just happened randomly. It was low on battery and as usual i just carried on using it, it switched off and now it wnt turn on!

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You'll have to leave it plugged into the wall or your computer for around 30 minutes. This will give it time to get a charge to sync. This happened to mine as well and I thought that I'd messed it up but the procedure I mentioned worked for me. After about 30 minutes it turned on and mounted on my computer. Good luck.

Stodie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You'll have to leave it plugged into the wall or your computer for around 30 minutes. This will give it time to get a charge to sync. This happened to mine as well and I thought that I'd messed it up but the procedure I mentioned worked for me. After about 30 minutes it turned on and mounted on my computer. Good luck.

thank you, i will try it out and let you know. Thanks again.

Stodie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Yeah just leave it plugged in. It'll come to life eventually. Happened to me yesterday.

I have had it on charge for about 30mins, and still nothing. How long should i leave it before i get worried?

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Not sure if you got this resoved or not, but this happens to my wife's Touch once in a while. Doing a reset brings it back (hold in the sleep/wake button and home button for roughly 5 seconds, until it reboots and you see the Apple logo). Give that a shot.

xzy4r4

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
reset ipod

the tip to hold the top button AND the main front button worked perfectly...except hold itt for at least 10 seconds. thanks for the tip. a real life saver!

stewart123

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
my ipod touch wont turn on

my ipod touch will not do anything. it had been working perfect before. the only thing wrong was the digitizer was broken. i went to plug it into the stereo in my truck. and the screen flashed white. and lines thru the screen, and it stayed white for a while. then it worked again for a minute, but the screen was faded, and i was listening to it. and it cut out and shut off. and wont turn on again. what do i do? why isnt it working?

ninjawrath

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
I don't have an iPod touch, but an iPhone that had the same problem a while ago. Completely drain the battery; don't touch it for at least a day. The next day, plug it into a wall charger. The apple logo should come on and boot right up. (I didn't even use the power button because it broke.) ;)

7mastermario7

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
ipod touch wont turn on

my jailbroken ipod touch wont turn on...i tried chargeing it,hold the lock button... but still nothing can someone help?

anqelbby

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
same issue

Hi my ipod touch wont turn on either. iwas playing a game it was half way dead. iwalked away from it and when i came back it was off . i left it on my dresser so it didn't fall or anything. help

Jhanky20

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
having the same problems, have it plugged in and all it has on the screen is the battery and like 1/10th of it red, with a lightning bolt below it. does that mean its charging? and how long do i need to leave it like this?

edit: its an ipod 4 and i just got it today in the mail. idk if there could have been internal damage from the transfer or whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.