My ipod touch wont turn on!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stodie, Apr 26, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I don't know if anyone can help me but my ipod just wont turn on, or charge, the computer doesn't even recognise i have plugged it in. It just happened randomly. It was low on battery and as usual i just carried on using it, it switched off and now it wnt turn on!

2. macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You'll have to leave it plugged into the wall or your computer for around 30 minutes. This will give it time to get a charge to sync. This happened to mine as well and I thought that I'd messed it up but the procedure I mentioned worked for me. After about 30 minutes it turned on and mounted on my computer. Good luck.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, i will try it out and let you know. Thanks again.

4. macrumors 68000

Bacong

Yeah just leave it plugged in. It'll come to life eventually. Happened to me yesterday.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have had it on charge for about 30mins, and still nothing. How long should i leave it before i get worried?

6. macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Not sure if you got this resoved or not, but this happens to my wife's Touch once in a while. Doing a reset brings it back (hold in the sleep/wake button and home button for roughly 5 seconds, until it reboots and you see the Apple logo). Give that a shot.

7. macrumors newbie

reset ipod

the tip to hold the top button AND the main front button worked perfectly...except hold itt for at least 10 seconds. thanks for the tip. a real life saver!

8. macrumors newbie

my ipod touch wont turn on

my ipod touch will not do anything. it had been working perfect before. the only thing wrong was the digitizer was broken. i went to plug it into the stereo in my truck. and the screen flashed white. and lines thru the screen, and it stayed white for a while. then it worked again for a minute, but the screen was faded, and i was listening to it. and it cut out and shut off. and wont turn on again. what do i do? why isnt it working?

9. macrumors newbie

I don't have an iPod touch, but an iPhone that had the same problem a while ago. Completely drain the battery; don't touch it for at least a day. The next day, plug it into a wall charger. The apple logo should come on and boot right up. (I didn't even use the power button because it broke.) ;)

10. macrumors newbie

ipod touch wont turn on

my jailbroken ipod touch wont turn on...i tried chargeing it,hold the lock button... but still nothing can someone help?

11. celticpride678

Have you tried holding the lock button + home button simultaneously?

12. macrumors newbie

same issue

Hi my ipod touch wont turn on either. iwas playing a game it was half way dead. iwalked away from it and when i came back it was off . i left it on my dresser so it didn't fall or anything. help

13. macrumors newbie

hey thanks i tryed using geenpois0n to jailbreak it and then i couldnt turn my ipod on thanks it does work :)

14. macrumors newbie

having the same problems, have it plugged in and all it has on the screen is the battery and like 1/10th of it red, with a lightning bolt below it. does that mean its charging? and how long do i need to leave it like this?

edit: its an ipod 4 and i just got it today in the mail. idk if there could have been internal damage from the transfer or whatever.