Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiscal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Bit of a unique situation.

Have MacMini with 3.0 sdk, iTunes 8.2.0.13 and iPhone and iTouch with 3.0 installed as well. Everything there works harmoniously.

Also have a pc running latest iTunes. Harmony as well between all devices.

Here's where it gets complicated: I have a Powerbook G4. Seeing as I can't run the sdk on this set up I dragged the .dmg files over for the new iTunes and iPhone (same way I got this on my pc). I updated iTunes to 8.2.0.13. From that point forward that computer no longer recognizes either the iPhone or the iTouch when plugged in. They don't even charge.

What happened? How can I fix it?

(One possible related issue, not sure: When intending to install iTunes 8.2.0.13 on my G4 I accidentally ran the iPhone 3.0 .dmg. The open animation ran but nothing happened after that.)

Hints? Tips? Suggestions?

Very much appreciated - Wiscal.

wiscal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Considering un/re-installing iTunes

This is a last resort so I'm putting out another call for assistance before I take this step.

Is there any info out there as to why my powerbook G4 is no longer recognizing my iPhone (w/ 3.0) and my iPod touch (w/ 3.0) even after upgrading iTunes to 8.2? The devices won't even charge when plugged in - no recognition at all.

Thanks,
-Matt

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
This is a last resort so I'm putting out another call for assistance before I take this step.

Is there any info out there as to why my powerbook G4 is no longer recognizing my iPhone (w/ 3.0) and my iPod touch (w/ 3.0) even after upgrading iTunes to 8.2? The devices won't even charge when plugged in - no recognition at all.

Thanks,
-Matt

do they charge in the wall?

im not sure, but never overlook a faulty usb cord or even usb port on the machine. granted that could very well not be the issue.

or do they still work with the pcs? im not clear on what you've said...
that would certainly be a bit ironic.

SuperMacMan

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I have the 1st Gen Aluminium iMac, as my signature states.......

EDIT: I have had 3.0 GM running fine in the past, I have my iPod linked to a friends Dev Account. So it's not an issue with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.