Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I submitted my app about 10 Days ago. Why does it take so long?

I know Apple have to test for bugs,virus,etc.. But Damn its a simple application. Its not like im making the next Grand Theft Auto Game or anything complex like that.

I love apple but this is making me think about the Google Platform since Google says they will be no approval process and they are not going to strangle hold developers.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I have been posting almost weekly updates to one of my apps, and they have been getting approved in 5-6 days pretty consistently.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
My first app was about 6 days, the update for it was approved in 3 days. My second app took over 2 weeks (about 16 calendar days) for approval.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
My 2 apps in the store (as well as their updates) have taken about 5-7 days each. I have 5 apps (yes, 5) that have been in review since the 17th. So, we shall see if the 1 week standard holds true for me again.

Edit: As I was typing that reply I got one of the "Ready for Sale" emails.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Ok it looks like the Gods have heard by cries. I got "Ready for sale email" 20 minutes ago. I took in Itunes Connect and its says "In Review"

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Ok it looks like the Gods have heard by cries. I got "Ready for sale email" 20 minutes ago. I took in Itunes Connect and its says "In Review"

There is usually a 1-2 hour delay between the email and it showing as "Ready for Sale" in ITC, then another hour or so before it is displaying in the iTunes Store. You can find it in the store before it sorts into the lists by searching for it though.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
19 days so far and still in review!!

This is getting ridiculous!
:mad:

I just got off the phone with the Apple Developer Support Team. I called about 5 times trying to "Pick there brain" aka Social Engineering.

My research concludes.

1 Week it should take to approve a APP

If you are waiting 2 weeks+. Either there is something wrong with your program or get ready for a rejection letter.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I just got off the phone with the Apple Developer Support Team. I called about 5 times trying to "Pick there brain" aka Social Engineering.

My research concludes.

1 Week it should take to approve a APP

If you are waiting 2 weeks+. Either there is something wrong with your program or get ready for a rejection letter.

So what about the time between week 1 and week 2 :cool:

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
in light of trent reznor's recent grumbling, seems that the approval process is still plagued with nonsense. but in keeping with the theme of this thread, does it still take about 2 weeks for an app to show up?

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
My recent app took 4 days (they were all working days) to get rejected, then exactly one calendar week to get accepted after that.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
My first app, [app]a.k.a[/app] took a week or two to get approved, and updates seem to have been within a week. [app]CraigsHarvest[/app], on the other hand, took about 3 months from when we initially submitted until it was finally approved with a number of rejections in between there. Took us some time working with Apple to finally get it to a point that they were comfortable that there was no more "objectionable content" from craigslist appearing in our app.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
may i ask why you were initially rejected?
I used a UIBarButtonSystemItemAction button in the toolbar to open up a modal view when Apple said users would expect an action sheet instead. So I had to change the button it to a wordy "Options" (couldn't think what would be a good symbol at 6:30 in the morning, and wanted to get it resubmitted before work that morning!!).

Don't use standard buttons in a way that Apple may consider "confusing for users" or your app may be rejected.

I submitted the original app on a Sunday night, it got rejected early hours of the Friday morning later that week, resubmitted that morning and then approved the following Thursday evening. I was go-karting at the time. I didn't make it through to the top 6 finale racing that evening but the "App ready for sale" email was a sweet consellation... :)

North Bronson

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
San José
What kind of waiting times are you seeing for your apps lately? Our latest update was sent in 5 July and hasn't been approved, yet.

The update before that took two full weeks to approve (probably because of WWDC and 3.0).

Has the 3.1 Beta increased everyone's wait times?

JimBobBennett

macrumors member
May 4, 2009
Just had mine approved after 9 days. It went through a few rounds or rejections based on me using system icons in slightly the wrong way (e.g. using the Save button to save something... :rolleyes: )
It then took half a day to spread round the world in the iTunes store - released last night, available from the link but only visible by searcing in the UK an hour ago.

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
UK
I posted my first app on 15th July, but I notice that it asks for a release date when you upload it all. I specified 29th July for this, as we still have work on the website and marketing to get done.

From reading other forums, I have also got the impression that they go into some sort of hit list for the category you put them in. I'll be interested to see if it appears on the 29th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.