Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ncsimmons03

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
For some reason I have not been able to text certain verizon numbers since Sunday. My girlfriend is the main person I'm having this problem with and every time I text her I get the message, "error invalid number please re-send using valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code." She can send me texts and she can receive texts from any phone but an iphone. I say this because I have used my iphone, my brothers and also a friends iphone and all of them come back with the same message. if I use other phones it comes through just fine. I have searched and tired everything from reformatting my iphone, resetting network settings, deleting the contact info multiple times and ways, and I even had a new sim card put in. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem? :confused:

ncsimmons03

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Call AT&T and say "WTH?!". They can hopefully fix it, it might be on their end.

After trying just about everything I think the problem is with Verizon. I tried another phone, a nextel from sprint I believe, and it came up with an error saying the number was a landline and couldn't receive text messages. So who knows what's going on but I'm assuming it's nothing At&T caused at this point. I'm pointing the finger at Verizon

jmann

macrumors 604
After trying just about everything I think the problem is with Verizon. I tried another phone, a nextel from sprint I believe, and it came up with an error saying the number was a landline and couldn't receive text messages. So who knows what's going on but I'm assuming it's nothing At&T caused at this point. I'm pointing the finger at Verizon

Unless she blocked your/other numbers I don't see how that could be possible. I work for Verizon, and have never heard of a problem like this. :confused:

thelordnyax

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
you ARE including the area code everytime right?

delete your entire conversation with her, and try again, using all ten digits

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.