Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

povsicf

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
I had Snow Leopard installed as an upgrade on my Macbook and my printer worked fine. I had to do a fresh install of Snow Leopard because I was having some other issues with it, and now they are gone but my printer won't work. I have a Lexmark Z2400 set up to print via wifi. But it just won't print and everytime I try to print is saids that its installed incorrectly, but I have done the install several times before the same way and before I did the SL install everything worked fine. Could it be a driver Problem?? Curious to know if anyone else has had something like this happen to them, and if so what can I do to make it work. Thanks again for all your help in advance.

iChica

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2009
Wherever my MacBook Is :D
hi there!
snow leopard has included drivers for certain printers (with more coming). your printer probably isn't on the list. apple is uses a different printer something or other and that means that printer drivers can only be on the disc and other drivers can't be installed.
ya gotta keep waiting... sorry.
-iChica

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Have you tried the Lexmark site for updated drivers for SL? I had a similar problem with my Samsung printer, but a few days after the SL release Samsung had added new updated drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.