Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
OK. This might be a dumb question... and i know i can just start over, but i'm frustrated.

I created a folder called "audiobooks" and threw them all in there. This was before i found out my 5g Video iPod doesn't support folders.

Well, some of the audiobooks are syncing... some aren't.... and i can't drag them OUT of the folder i drug them into.

Is this a bug in iTunes? Just something dumb on my part... or what?!

Here is a screen shot of what is in the Playlist folder, then what ones transfer to the iPod.

Hmmm, i was wondering if it was an Audible problem, but ti's not giving me an error either - saying they can't be moved because they aren't authorized.

Anyway, i'm stuck, and on my way out the door... without the new audiobooks. I guess when i get back home tonight i'll rip it all apart and see if they fix. THis iPod is dying - and i think the drive might be going too....

OK, maybe it IS an audible problem. The ones that aren't going on there... have a type of Audible, and the one that is working says, protected aac. Must dig into this later then.

Attachments

• Picture 197.png
    Picture 197.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 198.png
    Picture 198.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,187

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
OK, i *think* i figured this out.

I do think the folder is working - but only the book i got on iTunes was showing up. So sure enough, Audible wasn't registered. I'm hoping this means that at least the books will go over...

I still can't get them OUT of the playlist folder, but hey, as long as they move over to the iPod, i'm happy! Off to check the sync!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Generally speaking, to remove something from a playlist, either highlight it and press the delete key or right-click and delete the item. It doesn't delete it from your library or hard drive.... it only deletes it from the playlist.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
^^

This is true. iTunes doesn't move the MP3 file from the main library to a playlist, so to speak. It just makes a copy of the file into whatever playlist you want it in. This is the same as dragging the file from the main library to your desktop, it will make a duplicate.

So you would just right click and then select delete. It will just delete the copied file.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
... It just makes a copy of the file into whatever playlist you want it in. ...
Actually, it doesn't create a copy. It only creates a link to the file, similar in concept to an alias in Finder.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
Actually, it doesn't create a copy. It only creates a link to the file, similar in concept to an alias in Finder.

aha, i guess that would make since, as it would unnecessarily increase the size of iTunes:) Never thought of that..eh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.