Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killswitch1698

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
One of my friends friends asked me if I wanted to go bra shopping. Is that a Bad thing? or what?

P.S: Sorry this may seem like i don't have a lot of experience with girls but i have never been asked this.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I think this is a pretty sure sign of being in the 'friend zone'. So if you ever thought you had a chance with this girl, it's now effectively gone. On the other hand, she does trust you enough as a friend to go underwear shopping with you.

fungus

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
@unclefungus
I think the whole 'friend zone' thing depends on how close you are to begin with. He said she's a friend of a friend, so I'm inclined to think she might be hitting on him... or screwing with him. Either way, OP, what would it hurt to go?

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I think the whole 'friend zone' thing depends on how close you are to begin with. He said she's a friend of a friend, so I'm inclined to think she might be hitting on him... or screwing with him. Either way, OP, what would it hurt to go?
^ +1

Either way this would probably be a good flirting opportunity for you. Just leave any stinky trout you may have at home.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
One of my friends friends asked me if I wanted to go bra shopping. Is that a Bad thing? or what?

P.S: Sorry this may seem like i don't have a lot of experience with girls but i have never been asked this.

The fact that you're asking means that you don't know the full extension of the relationship between you and her. Going bra shopping can be three or four things in the end; she considers you as a friend, a friend with benefits, flirting with you to see your reaction for relationship, or trying to gain some kind of information from you that may not be for mating reasons or friendship.

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio

Well it isn't exactly panty shopping, which would be ideal.

But you gotta take what whatcha can. :D

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.

Go. If she pulls the curtain across, and you're on the outside of the changing stall.. then poo..

If you're on the inside... giggity!

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
I think it means you're in the friend zone, but hell, go for it!

If she's going to be modeling the bras for him, then she either sees him as COMPLETELY harmless (i.e. gay or way under her league) or she wants him and this is a bold come-on.

Definitely not a "neutral friend" kind of thing though.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Oh, and I hate to bring up a potentially sensitive topic, but did she definitely make clear she wanted to go bra shopping, for her?

(I'm not sexist! Moobies are boobies too, you know..)

MasterDev

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
Totally in the friend zone...
poster_friend_zone.jpg

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Of course you go, friend zone or not who cares. Maybe even pick some stuff out that you think would look good on her.;)

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Slap her with a trout and eat her veggies.

Kids these days and their jargon... Back in my day, we'd just ask if she wanted a "coffee", and everyone knew what you meant... :p

p.s. to the OP, remember those shops can be very brightly lit. I strongly recommend a good pair of shades.

Attachments

• 200911222241665854.jpg
    200911222241665854.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 181
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.