Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
Let me give you a brief summary of my situation.

Back in september I had gotten an iPhone 3G as a birthday gift, and I jailbroke and unlocked and went with Fido, at the time I had not really known what I was doing.

Now I want Rogers to unlock my iPhone like O2 does. Any chance if I tell them my story and I'm going to Fido they will unlock it for me and relock it to Fido. Or atleast exchange it for an Fido iPhone.

I have deicided I don't really need a jailbroken iPhone because so many cautions Come with it (Preserving Baseband) when 4.0 comes out I assume it won't be jailbroken within the first month.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
What's Rogers' customer care number? I'd check with them before bumping this thread to oblivion.

Sorry I have no clue.... I think I'm going to head to the Rogers store during my free time.

I just thought atleast 1 person would be in thebsame situation as me.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
On the apple site it says Rogers is not authorized to unlock the iPhone I will speak to Rogers to get more detail of not I will speak to a genuis at the apple store to get a swap for a Fido iPhone

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
No Rogers will not unlock your iPhone.

Your best bet would be go the Apple Store with a phone problem and get the phone swapped to the correct carrier's device.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
No Rogers will not unlock your iPhone.

Your best bet would be go the Apple Store with a phone problem and get the phone swapped to the correct carrier's device.

Have to go get Applecare :( Warranty is completely over in June.

I've been through so much with my iPhone I don't want it to be replaced, I guess Jailbroken 4 Life!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.