Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Launch Meetups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Auzburner
macrumors 65816
 
Auzburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY - USA
Send a message via AIM to Auzburner
Syracuse, NY

Hey, looking to be first in line. Anyone else plan on being there on the third? See you there.
__________________
Primary stuff: - 2012 Retina MacBook Pro+2.7GHz+16GB RAM+512GB - iPhone 5S 32GB
Auzburner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Matthew Yohe
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Send a message via AIM to Matthew Yohe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzburner View Post
Hey, looking to be first in line. Anyone else plan on being there on the third? See you there.
Why do you need to be in line? You've reserved one, so you'll get one.

If you didn't reserve one, waiting in line isn't going to do much.
Matthew Yohe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:53 PM   #3
MacToddB
macrumors 6502a
 
MacToddB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
First In, First Out... I'll be an hour away, in Rochester (Victor), NY.

Yes I've reserved one, but the sooner I'm there, the sooner I can get to working on it, testing my apps, and also the store is going to have training classes, etc., that day.
__________________
Ringtone Director TALKING CallerID Ringtones in 50+ TTS Voices even Siri!
Ringtones Uncensored voted Best Ringtone App @About.com!
AutoVerbal Talking Soundboard for kids w/Autism & Non-Verbal users!
MacToddB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 05:21 PM   #4
BOSS10L
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacToddB View Post
First In, First Out... I'll be an hour away, in Rochester (Victor), NY.

Yes I've reserved one, but the sooner I'm there, the sooner I can get to working on it, testing my apps, and also the store is going to have training classes, etc., that day.
I'm still on the fence, can't decide if I want one or not. I may still swing by just to see it and maybe that will sway me one way or another.
__________________
27" iMac QC i5 ('10)/20" iMac 2.4/MB 2.0/iPad 32GB WiFi/32GB iPhone 4/TV 160GB
BOSS10L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 05:25 PM   #5
MacToddB
macrumors 6502a
 
MacToddB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS10L View Post
I'm still on the fence, can't decide if I want one or not. I may still swing by just to see it and maybe that will sway me one way or another.
Oh, you'll be getting one. Your signature tells me that! (20" iMac 2.4/MB 2.0/TV 160GB/Black 16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ /White 16GB iPhone 3G/iPhone 8GB)

BTW, if you pre-order one, now, the new delivery date is April 12th, so unless the Apple stores have more than they reserved, you might be out of luck. They are supposed to "hold" all pre-orders til 3pm.

Best Buy is going to carry them in their stores that carry Apple products, but they will not be opening earlier than normal on April 3rd.
__________________
Ringtone Director TALKING CallerID Ringtones in 50+ TTS Voices even Siri!
Ringtones Uncensored voted Best Ringtone App @About.com!
AutoVerbal Talking Soundboard for kids w/Autism & Non-Verbal users!
MacToddB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:39 AM   #6
pound4pound30
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oswego
Send a message via AIM to pound4pound30
ill be at carousel mall on the 3rd in syracuse. idk what time i wanna get there yet, but ill be there before it opens haha
pound4pound30 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:05 PM   #7
BOSS10L
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacToddB View Post
Oh, you'll be getting one. Your signature tells me that! (20" iMac 2.4/MB 2.0/TV 160GB/Black 16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ /White 16GB iPhone 3G/iPhone 8GB)

BTW, if you pre-order one, now, the new delivery date is April 12th, so unless the Apple stores have more than they reserved, you might be out of luck. They are supposed to "hold" all pre-orders til 3pm.

Best Buy is going to carry them in their stores that carry Apple products, but they will not be opening earlier than normal on April 3rd.
If I end up getting one, I'll most likely get a 3G enabled device, so I'll have to wait later anyhow. I just want to physically play with it before I make a decision.
__________________
27" iMac QC i5 ('10)/20" iMac 2.4/MB 2.0/iPad 32GB WiFi/32GB iPhone 4/TV 160GB
BOSS10L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2010, 09:53 AM   #8
Auzburner
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Auzburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY - USA
Send a message via AIM to Auzburner
I plan on being at Carousel all night. I suppose I will call up to the security office and see where they like us wait, etc... I will have two other iPad buyers with me, but didn't jump the gun and wasn't able to reserve. Therefore, we need him first in line because he was told in an Apple store chat that they prevented every model from being completely reserved. We will see how this works out... I know I will have two iPad's with me and another friend. And of course I could have pre-ordered, but that knocked down a level of excitement for me when I had the 3GS delivered, so I reserved and will see everyone in the morning!
__________________
Primary stuff: - 2012 Retina MacBook Pro+2.7GHz+16GB RAM+512GB - iPhone 5S 32GB
Auzburner is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Launch Meetups

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Syracuse, NY - Anyone hitting up carrier or Apple Store? The Afroman iPhone Launch Meetups 0 Sep 19, 2013 11:50 PM
Some Help: Rochester And/Or Syracuse People. Favor? Lucky736 Community Discussion 0 Aug 19, 2013 05:34 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC