Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
Hey guys I recently started working on call which means I have very irregular shifts. I decided since it would be best to keep track of all my hours just to make sure my boss doesnt make any mistakes...

But I want to know if there is an app that you can record all your working hours with manually like at the end of the day? Right now I open pages write the date and the number of hours I worked but it'd be nice if there was an app that could calculate the number of hour's done in a week, month and expected paycheck... someone must of thought of that right..?

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
If you have Pages, then you must have Numbers. A simple spreadsheet will do everything you need, and easily, without the need for another app.

Create a template specific to your needs, and keep it as a master. Then, when you have new hours to add, save as a different file or worksheet for each pay period.

KFujiwara

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
It's not quite an application, but there is a website that does a pretty nice job of doing so that is free. time.onrails.org lets you create an account, keep track of time for multiple projects, and I believe export them to different file formats. All you need to do is remember to start and stop and stay on the correct month/project that you are recording. I've been using it for school and some design projects and it works pretty well.

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
If you have Pages, then you must have Numbers. A simple spreadsheet will do everything you need, and easily, without the need for another app.

Create a template specific to your needs, and keep it as a master. Then, when you have new hours to add, save as a different file or worksheet for each pay period.

ya I know but I dont really like Numbers, I would prefer if there was an app out there. Much more fun then a spreadsheet or a pages document for that matter anyway just my opinion, but I might resolve to that if I cant find anything.

Brandmuffin8

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Re: iPhone app and new update

I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd mention my new iPhone app. It's called My Hours and is specifically for tracking a flexible work schedule.

http://www.myhoursapp.com

I checked out the app. The 1 star reviews said it used to be a great app, and since the update, the app has been erasing the data entered. Has this been remedied?

I am also looking for an app to keep track of my work hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.