Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sal510

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
:( gunpointed want to get it locked from the server so they wont access it damn i shouldve gotten mobile me
any thing i can do?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yes. You need mobile me and you need to have it turned on. Otherwise, mobile me can't find your phone after the fact. Sorry.

Sal510

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
You can call AT & T and see if they can do anything?

im calling at&t right now to suspend the account
i called apple they said to call tomorrow to the "8006762775" number and see what they can do

my brother works for at&t and he said at&t can track the number and shut it down or something like that

Sal510

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
At least you're safe...!

yeah im glad im safe but you know an iphone is like a little mini computer its got access to your facebook, myspace, aim, twitter, at&t wireless app
they can do alot with that
plus my contacts with addresses and stuff

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
:( gunpointed want to get it locked from the server so they wont access it damn i shouldve gotten mobile me
any thing i can do?

Sorry about your loss, but it is only a phone. I'm glad that you or anyone who was with you wasn't hurt. As others have said, your phone is probably gone forever.

My advice is don't forget to change all of your passwords: mail, facebook, online banking, etc. to accounts that you may have accessed regularly from your iPhone.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
yeah im glad im safe but you know an iphone is like a little mini computer its got access to your facebook, myspace, aim, twitter, at&t wireless app
they can do alot with that
plus my contacts with addresses and stuff

Next time try using a passcode lock on your iphone.
Also theres a feature to Erase all Data after 10 failed passcode attempts.

Sal510

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Sorry about your loss, but it is only a phone. I'm glad that you or anyone who was with you wasn't hurt. As others have said, your phone is probably gone forever.

My advice is don't forget to change all of your passwords: mail, facebook, online banking, etc. to accounts that you may have accessed regularly from your iPhone.

i changed passwords to all emails and social networking sites

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
By any chance was it connected to an Exchange server? You can wipe it from that as well (not just MobileMe.)

If not...your SOL. Lost mine in a cab last time I was in NYC. The ONLY thing I could do was wipe it remotely. Brand new 3GS was long gone. Whoever found it powered it off after my first call. Got wiped when they attempted to power it on the next day (presumaby w/ their own SIM in it.)

I'm in NYC again...made dang sure when I got out of the cab my phone was in my pocket!!

pastparticiple

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Don't worry...you should be able to get it back from Gizmodo in about a month. Just write them a sternly worded letter. :D

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
It's ironic how people always want MobileME after they lose or get robbed of their iPhone.

Glad ya safe tho ... :)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Don't worry...you should be able to get it back from Gizmodo in about a month. Just write them a sternly worded letter. :D

rimshot.jpg

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2010
I just had my car broken into Saturday morning. Luckly they only took my cd player and iPhone charger, and a couple other small items, and missed the 400.00 radar detector. They did it in my driveway! Anyhow, I was thinking what would happen if my phone had got stolen, so I immediatly downloaded ilocalis since I'm jailbroken. Seems to work very well.

greenfields

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2010
Would MobileMe or ilocalis do anything if they remove the SIM card basically right when they're stealing it?

Services seem a little pointless if all the thief has to do is pull out the sim to not get caught.

Just curious as I never owned an iPhone before, going to be getting a 4G.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Would MobileMe or ilocalis do anything if they remove the SIM card basically right when they're stealing it?

Services seem a little pointless if all the thief has to do is pull out the sim to not get caught.

Just curious as I never owned an iPhone before, going to be getting a 4G.

They would have to remove the SIM card, then totally wipe it or delete the subscribed service (MobileMe or Exchange account). If they don't wipe it, the next time a sim card is placed in the phone your subscribed service would attempt to contact the server and receive the wipe command.

ineedamac

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
mobile me question

For those of you that have Mobile Me. Does that service provide the ability to not only erase all content but also disable the phone so if it is stolen/found someone can not use the phone at all?

bunit

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2007
Westerly RI
Similar thing happened to me, was jumped walking down the road late at night and the only thing they took was my iPhone. Like another poster said "at least your safe". I changed all my passwords to all the programs I could such as Mail, iTunes, Facebook, Credit Cards, AT&T and anything the thief could have instant access to. I know it sucks, but just be thankful that it's not worse. It's a replaceable thing unlike your life! :(

ronnyuk

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
South West England
Similar thing happened to me, was jumped walking down the road late at night and the only thing they took was my iPhone. Like another poster said "at least your safe". I changed all my passwords to all the programs I could such as Mail, iTunes, Facebook, Credit Cards, AT&T and anything the thief could have instant access to. I know it sucks, but just be thankful that it's not worse. It's a replaceable thing unlike your life! :(

Hopefully you will get a program like Wavesecure i use on SE X10, impossible to uninstall and as soon as the sim is removed it texts up to 10 friends and the phone will always send it's location to me whichever sim is in it.

It also locateable 24/7 and you can send messages to the would be thief explaining that the phine is useless and pop it into the police station then nothing will happen etc :)

You can also wipe it with any sim in it and backup contacts, messages etc :)

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Hopefully you will get a program like Wavesecure i use on SE X10, impossible to uninstall and as soon as the sim is removed it texts up to 10 friends and the phone will always send it's location to me whichever sim is in it.

It also locateable 24/7 and you can send messages to the would be thief explaining that the phine is useless and pop it into the police station then nothing will happen etc :)

You can also wipe it with any sim in it and backup contacts, messages etc :)
Sounds more like a virus...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.