Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

214145-snow_leopard_box_2.jpg

As predicted last week, Apple has seeded the first developer version of Mac OS X 10.6.4, termed Build 10F37, to developers today. iPhoneinCanada as usual is on top of the details, noting improvements to a handful of areas.
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, SMB, Time Machine backups, USB, and VoiceOver. The build does not include any further updates or enhancements.
Documentation accompanying the seed reportedly notes one outstanding known issue involving iChat requesting password entry upon launch.

Mac OS X 10.6.3 was released to the public on March 29th, but Apple's variable development and seeding cycles offer little indication of when 10.6.4 might be ready for a final release.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.4 Build 10F37 to Developers

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
Can a late 08 MBP get some inertial scrolling in this piece?

I think they should add this with 10.6.4 also. I'll give it a 50-50 chance. If it doesn't happen, the guy who makes Better Touch Tool (a must have productivity app BTW) said he will add it to his app.

bcb23

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
I am hoping they fix the problems with a really slow magic mouse. Even at the highest settings, it is slow. Apple only makes one mouse; how hard can it be to get it right?

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
I think they should add this with 10.6.4 also. I'll give it a 50-50 chance. If it doesn't happen, the guy who makes Better Touch Tool (a must have productivity app BTW) said he will add it to his app.

Just to be clear, we mean the MBP trackpad and not the Magic Mouse, right? Because the Magic Mouse already has inertial scrolling in 10.6.

I am hoping they fix the problems with a really slow magic mouse. Even at the highest settings, it is slow. Apple only makes one mouse; how hard can it be to get it right?

See my posts on mouse tracking and acceleration in the OS X forum. ;)

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I've been having random, horrible graphics glitches ever since I updated to the most recent build. I hope this resolves that.

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
is it me or are these updates coming faster than what they did for leopard?

The seeds starting maybe, but 10.6.2 to 10.6.3 was I believe the longest time between revisions in OS X's lifetime.

Having said that, 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 was also about 3 months and 10.5.3 was called 'imminent' as early as March 17, eventually coming out early May.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
is it me or are these updates coming faster than what they did for leopard?

Nope. The last 10.6.3 update was nearly the longest wait since OS X. You are confusing seeds with updates, the seeds is on par with Leopard or any other major OS release. There are some months where we'll begin to see seeds weekly or biweekly. It doesn't mean anything.

NotChemist

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
It would be cool if they could fix the Finder's exceedingly slow SMB browsing. Navigating my Solaris system's CIFS shares is an exercise in frustration, hair-pulling, and a terribly large amount of swearing.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
SMB?!?!?!?!?! Finally. Hopefully this fixes the wireless file transfer issues that 10.6.3 did not. .3 did fix wired issues, I just need the wireless to work.

J

jmadlena

27 inch iMac Sleep Issues

I hope this fixes the problems I've been having with my 27 inch iMac. Since I bought it in November it has been refusing to go to sleep on its own, with random times when it does.

I've sent in bug reports and all of that, and I know others are having the same problems. I just can't seem to find a permanent solution.

That being said, good to see Apple is continuing to fix the bugs and keep Mac OS X great.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Glad the updates are coming quick.. could this mean that 10.7 will be released earlier then expected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.