Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Focuses on graphics drivers? So does this build possibly have OpenGL 3.2 support?

You mean full support for 3.0,3.1 and 3.2? We won't know until somebody is willing to break the NDA and post the results up for us.

Lokheed

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
10.6.3 fixed nothing for me. Takes a lot longer to access my external drives actually. Still get video corruption in Aperture, now even on my desktop when viewing large amounts of images or editing video...

If 10.6.4 fixes SOMETHING, I'd be happy... *grumble*

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
You mean full support for 3.0,3.1 and 3.2? We won't know until somebody is willing to break the NDA and post the results up for us.

Yes that's what I meant. I don't know why you would think I'd want Apple to skip over 3.1 and not finish 3.0.

theBigD23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
There is a major bug in .3 that I cannot use my NAS drive. I get a Finder -36 error STILL and a permissions error. This really needs to be fixed.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
I hope they fix their graphics problem that causes KERNEL PANICS while watching Youtube, or other bad Flash sites. How can I convert my fellow roommates in buying macs when my MBP crashes twice during our Youtube evening?

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
I hope they fix their graphics problem that causes KERNEL PANICS while watching Youtube, or other bad Flash sites. How can I convert my fellow roommates in buying macs when my MBP crashes twice during our Youtube evening?
Ouch, that doesn't sound right.. I've never had anything like that on any mac.. Have you tried switching youtube to HTML5 instead?

Any improved openGL is good, I hope this hasn't been holding up Steam!

macintoshtoffy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
New Zealand
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, SMB, Time Machine backups, USB, and VoiceOver. The build does not include any further updates or enhancements.

I wonder what Graphics Drivers entails; does that mean a possibility of expanding the number of supported graphics cards for hardware accelerated video decoding? Was the initial framework there for to test the waters and will be expanded further? I hope so given that although iMac's have beefy CPU's, I still don't want it being hogged up by Flash when decoding. Hopefully it'll include ATI cards as well because when I upgrade my iMac and MacBook Pro next year once Sandy Bridge CPU is released the Nvidia-Intel squabble is resolved.

What model is it? have you done a memory check using memtest86? what other drivers do you have installed? have you checked what the dump is saying is causing the crash? have you taken it into your local Apple reseller or contact Apple to find out what the problem is - maybe there is a hardware fault.

Btw, it isn't up to you to 'convert' people - using a Mac isn't a religion.

macrumors 6502
I hope they will fix Spaces...

I have 4 spaces enabled and upper-right corner set to view them. If I'm touching that corner for several consecutive times (activate/deactivate spaces), the opened apps/windows will be a mess cluttering within one space instead of staying into their own d@mn space...

Is it just me having this issue?

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
10.6.3 fixed nothing for me. Takes a lot longer to access my external drives actually. Still get video corruption in Aperture, now even on my desktop when viewing large amounts of images or editing video...

If 10.6.4 fixes SOMETHING, I'd be happy... *grumble*

Check to don't have other problems like faulty ram or corrupted system.

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
okay, awesome, finally i am happy with Apple :) i hope this fixes, quite literally the only two issues i am experiencing:
- Graphical Glitches when using Quicktime X (made me switch to VLC) and i can put up with slow YouTube, but it also result sin Graphical Glitches, hope they are fixed :)
- Issues when i copy over files to my Time Capsule via Finder, they are unusuable so i have to transfer the same file twice and delete the second one :(

I'm thinking about selling my MBA and iMac to get a 17" MBP, but i don't want to experience these issues on a £2,000 laptop!

Nuvi

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2008
Could there be new drivers for Nvidia 8xxx cards with h.264 hardware acceleration support. :eek: That would be excellent... :) but unlikely... :mad:

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003

Hmm... never had that problem. Maybe you have faulty RAM.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
It's a hardware issue.

Steve

Sent from my iPad

OR

The hardware isn't capable of this feature.

Steve

Sent from my iPad

If Steve actually said that then I would be very pissed off because its obviously a blatant lie. I have momentum scrolling on my unibody MBP (09) with smart scroll, it works good but not perfectly. Obviously there is no magic in the hardware that allows momentum scrolling and even the guy who wrote bettertouchtool said that the hardware seems the same. I know Steve lies to people all the time about products etc but this is so blatantly a lie it makes me want to switch to windows if he said it

RT2020

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2010
If Steve actually said that then I would be very pissed off because its obviously a blatant lie. I have momentum scrolling on my unibody MBP (09) with smart scroll, it works good but not perfectly. Obviously there is no magic in the hardware that allows momentum scrolling and even the guy who wrote bettertouchtool said that the hardware seems the same. I know Steve lies to people all the time about products etc but this is so blatantly a lie it makes me want to switch to windows if he said it

Humor. Do you now it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.