Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siritalks

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
Typically, how much can you get for a previous generation iPad just as the new version is coming out?

I'm debating whether to get a mini, for sheer portability purposes (I write lots of notes on the go and think it would be perfect), but I know fine well in 6 months time I'll want the next iteration of it (if it has a retina display etc) because I'm a little bit obsessed with gadgets.

So, if I buy this mini and then sell it as the next version comes out, how much do you think I would be able to get for it, from your past experience? Do they hold their prices quite well?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Typically, how much can you get for a previous generation iPad just as the new version is coming out?

To many variables factor into this question, but the most important one:

1. Is there a buyer.

The question of how much will you get depends if you sell it online (Craigslist, eBay, Gazelle) and is there a market for used iPad's. With 100 Million iPads already sold and the entry price for an iPad is now $329, there will be fewer buyers wanting to buy an iPad and unwilling to spend much more than $329.

Moneymiike420

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
An ipad 4 should have a much higher resale value then a mini,I was in the same boat as you as we all are gonna want and will get whatever apple releases lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.