Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Bowblade? That sounds like a real weapon. A very dangerous weapon. Like a knifegun, or a bombfork.

Right! That bow-string might scrape the skin off your arm. Almost as dangerous as a slingshot, except the iPhone's position prevents you from loading or shooting any type of projectile.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
For $185, go buy yourself a real bow and arrow, some bales of hay and go out and learn how to really shoot a bow and arrow. You know, like learning a skill in the outdoors. Amazing what crap people think will sell.

Agreed. Bought my first bow from an online store called Archery Exchange, it was a pretty nice one for well under $100 and with a little practice I was regularly hitting my cardboard box target stuffed with newspapers and phone books. A fun diversion. However, for those in urban/suburban areas, check your local bylaws about the legality of firing a weapon in your backyard.

This toy looks cute, but how often are you really going to play with it before putting in the closet?

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
This is the biggest pile of wanky wank I ever saw. It's a bow thingy with a pistol trigger. So you shoot arrows as if they were bullets. And you don't even need to reload the 'arrows'. So it's just like a real bow then?

It's not even like a crossbow - crossbows do have triggers but they still need to be cranked back each time a bolt is fired.

Looking at the YouTube video above, it still seems an utter waste of pointless space & difficult to store - and more expensive and less fun than a real bow - but they seem to be selling it as a static flex workout accessory. That seems to make slightly more sense. Holding a tension for several minutes is a bit of a (very mediocre ) workout. It's still useless rubbish though.

Bandit27

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2005
Buying one for sure

I can't wait for this. It will definitely make my morning commute on the subway more fun! Probably good on a flight as well to pass the time.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
There is a awful lot of money to be made with computer games and accessory that can be used for rehabilitation. This "thing" seems to "aim" at this market but is clearly not well thought over.

Make it a real training bow and an app THEN charge 185$. REAL means as real as possible without arrows (for you dear inventor as you will probably read this).

You get 10/10 Points for the idea but not a single one for realization.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.