Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a screen protector?

• Yes

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 81 60.4%
  • Maybe So

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Is there cheaper version of this on eBay?

Does it really help outside?

I guarantee if you go on ebay, you'll be disappointed. There is a quality difference between PS, SGP, and the eBay ones.

I have minimal to no rainbow effect, but with an eBay one, you probably will see it much more.

And yes, when I get out of my truck to approach a customer, I can show them their account info with no problems. Plus, no fingerprints is really nice :)

Mikhailov

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Absolutely. I get the ZAGG Invisible Shield HD and I barely notice that it's on. I don't want my stuff getting scratched. Annoyed though because I installed one on the mini and didn't notice somehow cat fur got on the adhesive end. Had to throw it out and order a replacement. At least ZAGG does free replacements for life.

Samuriajackon

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
I think screen protector does affect how the screen look. So I don't use it.

I used to think that, but if you have the best buy guys put it on they use a special liquid solvent that seals the plastic layer right up against the screen. Mine looks flawless, but they had to play with it for like an hour. Have a store person do it for you.
:D

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I think screen protector does affect how the screen look. So I don't use it.

If you are using a clear screen protector (non-wet apply), then usually it's really hard to tell it's on. A anti-glare or anti-fingerprint protector is pretty obvious, but does have it's PROs that some may want.

The wet apply stuff, even the really good ones like wrapsol, phantomskinz, ghost armor, etc. are noticeable regardless of who applies it just due to the nature on the skin, but the better ones are much easier on the eyes and fingers than the bad stuff (i.e. Zagg).

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I choose SGP Ultra Clear for reason.

I tried cheaper Screen protector, It was hard to clean finger print smudge on screen. There was no problem with SGP one, that is all that I ask for!!

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
I do it for anti glare on the iPad mini and to protect the screen in my pocket on the iPhone 5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.