Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Brounmoney
Banned

ipad 2 screen problems

So I have a ipad 2 that I bought in Jan of last year so the warranty is about to be up. I have been having issues with the screen when I open safari or some other app that has a white heading and close it after using it the url and search bar is still in the background of the screen. I chatted with an applecare person and she set up and appointment at the apple store to get a refurbished replacement. My question is should I do that? I have had no other issues with the ipad and love it, but I want the problem fixed. Are refurbished ipads good? have anyone had issues? I just kind of wanted it taken care of before my warranty went out.

Last edited by Brounmoney; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Miss typed
Brounmoney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:24 PM   #2
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brounmoney View Post
So I have a ipad 2 that I bought in Jan of last year so the warranty is about to be up. I have been having issues with the screen when I open safari or some other app that has a white heading and close it after using it the url and search bar is still in the background of the screen. I chatted with an applecare person and she set up and appointment at the apple store to get a refurbished replacement. My question is should I do that? I have had no other issues with the ipad and love it, but I want the problem fixed. Are refurbished ipads good? have anyone had issues? I just kind of wanted it taken care of before my warranty went out.
A refurb is fine. They get new batteries and a couple of other things.(It's on Apple's site) If it's bothering you by all means go and get it replaced. You'll be fine. Look it over when they get it out of the box and if it isn't up to your standards then ask for another one.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Brounmoney
Banned

Ok I just don't want to keep the ipad that I have and then have it get worse and then be out of warranty
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:27 PM   #4
macking104
macrumors 6502

Definitely get it replaced. you can check out the replacement while at store to be sure the screen is good. Refurbs get a new battery.

A future buyer, or relative you may give it to, will want a good screen...

Be sure you do a backup via iTunes or cloud and backup any mail you need saved before you get to the store...
macking104 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:48 PM   #5
Brounmoney
Banned

Ok thanks for the help. I was just not sure how good the refurbs were. I have to say I went the apple store earlier today and they were no help. I had to call to get anything done.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Brounmoney
Banned

Has anyone had problems getting another ipad if they need a replacement. What I mean is if I go to get I'd swapped do I need to call ahead and see if they have any in stock. It takes an hour to get to the closest apple store.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:25 PM   #7
lokster
macrumors 6502

no need to call ahead, just set an appointment, they almost always have stock, if they dont you usually get bumped to the next higher model for free

happened with me way back with my 3g, i got a 3gs! i guess i was just lucky the apple guy was in a good mood

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad