Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Compared to my iPhone 4, the screen is much yellower on the iPhone 5. It's consistant, but at the same brightness setting, it's just not as white. There is no adjustment for this, is there?

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Compared to my iPhone 4, the screen is much yellower on the iPhone 5. It's consistant, but at the same brightness setting, it's just not as white. There is no adjustment for this, is there?

well i dont think they actually look more yellow. I feel the iphone 4s/4 is just more blue. I prefer a warm tinted screen.. to me it looks more natural.

unfortunately the only way to change it is via a jailbreak tweak :/ and no jailbreak for the 5 yet. (but its on the way)

Jason-94

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2011
As mentioned above it is just a bit warmer, i came from an iphone 4 and at first was the same and though the display looked of poor quality, but now when i go back to the iphone 4 or hold it next my 5 the 5 screen looks absolutely amazing and the 4 looks too blue,

Strange one tbf mate, comes down to your eye, go to a store and see if there's are the same as yours? if not then see about getting replaced?

class77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Thanks guys. Not going to jailbreak it for this. I'll either live with it or go back to my 4....Thanks

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I kinda liked the deeper blue. But I guess that's what they meant by better color saturation. To me the yellow makes it look kind of grainy

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
The yellow screen issue has been around since the 4. I have had 5 4S's and 1 5. 3 of the 4S's were returned due to yellow screens. The 5 I have has a tad yellowish too it but cosmetically is perfect and at this point I am not willing to gamble on other defects to exchange it.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
4 and 4s have made the 5 look yellow. However the 5 is calibrated more realistically. After a week with the 5 you'll enjoy the realistic color more in pictures, Apps and games.

Haynzee

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
I've had 2 iPhone 5s now sent first back due to scratches. I also noticed that whites were rather yellow. So I looked at the replacement and it seems completely different. Far less yellow, white is actually white plus no scratches so I'm happy.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Nope. And no glaring difference from my 4S. My 5 is pretty solid, per the S/N it was built about 5 days ago before I bought it! So, definitely brand new!

And oh yeah, my camera does [look yellow] when I'm at home.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
4 and 4s have made the 5 look yellow. However the 5 is calibrated more realistically. After a week with the 5 you'll enjoy the realistic color more in pictures, Apps and games.

No no no. There are yellow 5 screens. These yellow screens show white as urine or nicotine tinted. This is not realistic or accurate. It happened with the 4, 4S and now some 5. The yellow tint effects all colors and makes them look dull. It's a defect.

Take your yellow screen back and get a replacement.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
No no no. There are yellow 5 screens. These yellow screens show white as urine or nicotine tinted. This is not realistic or accurate. It happened with the 4, 4S and now some 5. The yellow tint effects all colors and makes them look dull. It's a defect.

Take your yellow screen back and get a replacement.

This. If you just have a warmer tint, you're good. If you have the extreme coloring, take it back. You'll know which one you have because of the huge difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.