Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2003
Hey all, I'm in the process of getting my new RMBP set up and stuff. Loaded win 7 on it and Battlefield 3 to see how it would do. Game opens fine but inside the menu while in fullscreen mode I cannot click on any menu items. The mouse moves but you just can't click anything. If you press alt+enter and go into windowed mode you can click on everything just fine, but windowed mode is no way to play a game like that. I checked around online, and lots of people seem to have had this problem, and they all seem to be on laptops. I couldn't really find any fixes though, although people seemed to think it was fixed by turning off graphics switching and putting it on dedicated manually, but there's no way to do that in windows on this computer that I am aware of. Tried both a regular mouse and the trackpad, no dice..

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: With some more trial and error I've found the issue, it appears BF3 doesn't like nonstandard DPI settings in windows (I had it set to a custom higher one to make everything more normal sized (similar to what OS X does). Setting it to medium 125% (it appears it only likes medium...) allowed full menu control. Weirdness.

Last edited:

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Hey I had the exact same problem but I'm using Windows 8 Release Preview. I restarted the computer, and then switch to 650M only. You need to go to the Nvidia program that bootcamp put on your toolbar and I think the option is under something called PhsyX. I don't think it has much to do with graphics processing, more a physics thing, but now my BF3 works. Let me know if that works.

importraverxx

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Yup, it is the same thing in D3, you have to change the DPI or text size in order to see where the mouse moves.

When I get home later i'll try the method of the poster above to see if it works.

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Yup, it is the same thing in D3, you have to change the DPI or text size in order to see where the mouse moves.

When I get home later i'll try the method of the poster above to see if it works.

Hey you wouldn't happen to have a D3 guest pass would you??

OK so I switched over to see what exactly I changed....

Go to NVIdia Control Panel
then 3D Settings
then Set PhysX Configuration
Under the pulldown select 650M, instead of autoswitch.

If that doesn't work then Im not sure what I did to fix it, but it works for me now.

Last edited:

BennyMadman

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Hey guys, I did change the automatic switch to Nvidia only but it still does not work. I have browsed through the internet and haven't found anyone with this problem but you. Any ideas what else may be wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.