Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Just as the title suggests, I thought I would highlight (for me at least) that when trying to navigate to macrumors.com with iOS 7 (on iPhone 5) specifically using Chinese ISPs, the site doesn't load. using either wifi or cellular 3G. Even using my personal VPN it doesn’t work.

Using my companies much more sophisticated VPN (over wifi) it does work, so i'm tempted to believe it's an incompatibility of the heady combination of iOS 7 and Chinese ISPs and your lovely site.

My iOS 6 devices are obviously fine over the same networks.

You may very well be already aware of this issue since it's affected my device since Beta 1, but I only just thought to mention it. I don't want other china based macrumors users to get some sort of nasty shock when iOS 7 ships!

I'm not sure what on earth I could do to help, but I'm willing to do so!

Last edited:

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
Hi! I'm in china right now as well, in Hunan. And I can confirm that macrumors on my ios 7 iphone 5 works perfectly fine. In fact I'm typing on my phone right now! Macrumors works over my mobile data, I'm on china mobile, and over wifi, although I'm not sure who is the provider. I'm not sure what's wrong on your end though.

Maybe you can try a fresh restore? Or at least reset network settings?

Last edited:

iZac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 28, 2003
UK
That is strange indeed, I'm on china unicom in Shanghai, and my home provider is china telecom. Perhaps it is something to do with my device. I'll have to sleuth more. Will report back when I've had some free time to do so ...

...Well I feel like a fool, a quick reset of my network settings and all is well. Thank you so much for the guidance. I just couldn't fathom why macrumors was the only problem website, when I installed beta 1 as a fresh install on the device. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Cheers!

Last edited:

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
That is strange indeed, I'm on china unicom in Shanghai, and my home provider is china telecom. Perhaps it is something to do with my device. I'll have to sleuth more. Will report back when I've had some free time to do so ...

...Well I feel like a fool, a quick reset of my network settings and all is well. Thank you so much for the guidance. I just couldn't fathom why macrumors was the only problem website, when I installed beta 1 as a fresh install on the device. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Cheers!

That's great! I'm glad it's resolved :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.