Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vcastrejont

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
I like to play world of warcraft, sc2, and some FPS I wonder if magic mouse included on the Imac is good for playing those games or I better take Magic Trackpad and buy a better game mouse from amazon?

thanks

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I like to play world of warcraft, sc2, and some FPS I wonder if magic mouse included on the Imac is good for playing those games or I better take Magic Trackpad and buy a better game mouse from amazon?

thanks

I would be suprised if most games support either tbh.

Grab a gaming mouse that has more than 1 button unless you wanna get destoryed lol.

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
its terrible for games. Trackpad and gaming mouse is the way to go.

Main reason is its hard to press right click / left quickly - impossible to press at same time and the occaiionsal unintended scroll can mess up your game.
aside from that it is a very nice mouse for all things not gaming.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Nope. For me it simply isn't thick enough. It is fine for browsing but not gaming. And a trackpad to game on? Horrible.
Pick up a gaming mouse. One with numeric keys and use it when u game.

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
I assume the OP is thinking Trackpad + gaming mouse because you have to pick 1,
trackpad or Magic mouse in the package, he is better off picking the trackpad and have the benefit of being able to use gestures. I do not he meant use trackpad for gaming.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Yep, all Apple mice suck for gaming, partly because they are slow, and you can't press the right and left mouse buttons at the same time on the 'Magic' mouse. Razer make some really nice gaming mice, with Mac driver support. I recommend the Deathadder or maybe the Naga if you are into WoW.

vcastrejont

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Solved - thanks

I assume the OP is thinking Trackpad + gaming mouse because you have to pick 1,
trackpad or Magic mouse in the package, he is better off picking the trackpad and have the benefit of being able to use gestures. I do not he meant use trackpad for gaming.

Correct,

thanks for all the answers I will pick trackpad and buy some wireless logitech mouse

FuriousGreg

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
I like my Razer DeathAdder mouse. Not a lot of widgets and gizmos, but a solid 5 button gaming mouse.

Fantola

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Århus, Denmark
I would be suprised if most games support either tbh.

Grab a gaming mouse that has more than 1 button unless you wanna get destoryed lol.

It actually has both right and left click. But it's not by default, you have to apply for it in sytem-settings. I play games with my magic mouse and i think it rocks!

kgian

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
as others said it is a nightmare! I personally use a standard old wired microsoft optical mouse. It is 1000% better for gaming...

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Apple mice aren't good for much except Facebook.

You'd be much better off buying another mouse. Most mice these days should work on a Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.