Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2007
Looks like I'll need to do some research -- and I will -- but can someone nut-shell me on the difference between a Note 2 (tablet?) and the S III (phone?).

Thank you!

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Looks like I'll need to do some research -- and I will -- but can someone nut-shell me on the difference between a Note 2 (tablet?) and the S III (phone?).

Thank you!

Note 2 is a phone, it just happen to has a 5.-something screen.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
This is easy. go with the note 2 and everything else Apple. Win.

----------

Thank you!

the note 2 has more ram (2 gig) faster cpu (quad core 1.6) s pen (look at it on youtube, its more than just a stylus) and a larger screen. they are the main differences. the note 2 is not a tablet. (LTE S3's also have 2gig of ram tho)

----------

oh and the note 2 has a much bigger battery which that alone makes it better

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
No it doesn't. I have both phones and thats just incorrect. The Note 2 has a much bigger battery because it needs one for the quad core processor and large screen and the fact that the Android OS is not as efficient as iOS.

@ OP, do you really have a note 2? The only reason I ask is, the Note 2 battery life absolutely blows away the iPhone 5. It's not even close. The most diehard fanboy would be ashamed to even try to argue this. So when you say you decided to activate it, you would have noticed this right away after using it. So if battery life is indeed important to you, then there is no comparison between the two. You didn't really acknowledge the amazing battery life of the Note 2 after mentioning how you have bad experience with Android phones' battery life.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Note 2 has ridiculous battery life. I am on SKYNOTE ROM v7. Right now unplugged for 19h 31m battery @ 55% left. And On Screen time of 4h 10m

So I should get over 8h screen time, and 36+ hours on a single charge. Does the iPhone 5 do that well?

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
It's actually weird that this thread taught me something: the review tests seem to show the iPhone 5 getting better battery life than the Note II.

Engadget Battery Test (Video Loop):
iPhone 5: 11:15
Note II: 10:45

AnandTech WiFi Web Browsing Test:
iPhone 5: 10:27
Note 2: 8:41

I find it odd because everyone here says the Note II blows away everything in the battery life department and I just automatically assumed it did, but actually looking at it seems to tell a different story.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Actual usage, I'm charging my Note II less often then I did my iPhone 5. Easily getting two full days usage on a single charge and with casual use, three days.

kiltedthrower

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
It's actually weird that this thread taught me something: the review tests seem to show the iPhone 5 getting better battery life than the Note II.

I find it odd because everyone here says the Note II blows away everything in the battery life department and I just automatically assumed it did, but actually looking at it seems to tell a different story.
I've never used an iphone but I get close to 20 hours of use before I have to charge again

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico

I literally just lol'd. That's bullcrap dude. :lol: My Note 2 KILLS the iPhone 5's battery life. The iPhone sucked compared to the Note 2. Cut the i5 claimed time in half or more and you're getting close. I just charged my Note 2 after 2 days off the charger! My i5 would come off the charger at 2pm and die by 9-10pm same day under semi-heavy use (my wifes as well). My Note 2 lives for 2 days under my usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.