Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:28 PM   #1
LA89
macrumors newbie

HD vs SD vs iTunes on a Macbook vs iTunes on the iPad

Hi all,

Quite in the weeds with this one and my research is bringing up all sorts of different arguments, so I wanted the opinion and experience of real users - here goes...

Buying films/movies through iTunes is simple enough, until they bought in the HD/SD option...my question is: Are there any consequences of buying a HD film via the iPad, rather than though the Macbook??

For example, say I bought a HD film on the Macbook, would it play back on the iPad?

If i bought it through the iPad, would I end up with a different quality version when I downloaded it on the Macbook?

Or, is it just a case of buying a HD film through iTunes, whether using your iPad, iPhone or Mac will give you the same result?

The floor is open...

Many thanks
LA89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Cell-666
macrumors 6502

If you buy HD version at 1080 on your Mac you get both SD and HD versions. This helps if you have a version 1 Apple TV 2 or an older iPad. If you buy HD on a iPad 2 you only get the option to buy HD in 720 not 1080.

It does seem a little messy with the different options so I guess it depends on your device configuration.
Cell-666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad