Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yly3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
So I waited for THE app of the year and I am delivered this laggy piece of **** !
Zooming feels like Galaxy S2 in maps.
I used to "brag" to my friend who had the S2 and showed hin everytime how my 4 zoomed in so smooth.

I am on an iPhone 5 on wifi over-here
It feels like Facebook on its HTML days. Even my old 3gs on 5.1.1 worked better than this.

Yes, I am aware the functionality is better but this Froyo zooming is really spoilong it for me and it makes me use Apple Maps + Localscope.

And i hated apple maps.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
it does feel laggy, but at least it is accurate. I noticed the lag the instant I booted the app up.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
I assume your referring to Google Maps? Be grateful its even in the app store and FREE.

yly3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Do not get me wrong, I pay for my software if it something that is worth but this app is like Shaun Parker said : best college party and you end it at 11.
I mean, why in 2012 ? I just do not understand

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
I'm going to attribute this to hundreds of thousands of people downloading the app and playing with apple maps today.

I'll give it a week and still see if its "laggy"

and even with the lag, it's still better than Apple maps.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
It's been extraordinarily speedy and awesome for me on my iPhone 5.

What hardware are you folks using who are experiencing lag? I wouldn't be surprised if it were a bit slow on a 3GS or 4.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Woah, wait. You're saying Google Maps isn't perfect? After reading the complaints on here for the past six months I thought Google could do no wrong. I mean I saw a couple of screenshots just after midnight of wrong directions using Google Maps, but I thought it was just Photoshopped. Now I fear Google may not be perfect.

teribithia

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
London
Yes the google map sometime lag , So I download my city offline maps with Mapv4v5Converter and Global Map Download Tool. :cool::cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.