Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The BBC have just reported the death of the splendid character actor Jack Klugman, aged 90.

Those of you (indeed, those of us, is what I should have said) of a certain age, or vintage, will certainly recall his wonderfully, craggy, irascible turn as 'Oscar', the grumpy, whiskey drinking, card-playing sportswriter, (with the proverbial heart of gold) who offered sanctuary to his formal buttoned up friend 'Felix', in the TV series, 'The Odd Couple', which, in turn, derived from the movie of the same name when Walter Matthau memorably played 'Oscar'.

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
The BBC have just reported the death of the splendid character actor Jack Klugman, aged 90.

Those of you of a certain age, or vintage, will certainly recall his wonderfully, craggy, irascible turn as 'Oscar', the grumpy, whiskey drinking, card-playing sportswriter, (with the proverbial heart of gold) who offered sanctuary to his formal buttoned up friend 'Felix', in the TV series, 'The Odd Couple', which, in turn, derived from the movie of the same name when Walter Matthau memorably played 'Oscar'.

I am definitely vintage, or, not to put too fine a point on it...old!!

I remember several film roles in which Klugman did a very nice job, probably the best of which was "Twelve Angry Men", where he held his own with a pretty high powered cast.

He was a quality character actor...and I am partial to character actors.

thedragonden

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2007
Don't forget "Quincy, M. E." Jack Klugman was solving crimes in a lab more than 20 years before any flavor of CSI. He will be missed.

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Don't forget "Quincy, M. E." Jack Klugman was solving crimes in a lab more than 20 years before any flavor of CSI. He will be missed.

When I was younger if I was ever ill and off school I used to watch Qunicy, M.E. as it was always repeated on daytime TV. Still remember that catchy theme tune!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.