Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:22 AM   #351
Lancer
macrumors 68000

Some reports are now suggesting the new design will be released next week along with the 128Gb upgrade... I think they are getting their wires crossed with the rumor and Apple's announcement.

Surely they can't release another new iPad so soon?
Lancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:55 AM   #352
Nuvi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Some reports are now suggesting the new design will be released next week along with the 128Gb upgrade... I think they are getting their wires crossed with the rumor and Apple's announcement.

Surely they can't release another new iPad so soon?
Sure they can. Apple needs to send strong signal that it has ability to innovate and compete in mobile market. iOS is loosing market share and Apple needs to release products that can turn the tide.
Nuvi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:11 AM   #353
elpamyelhsa
macrumors member

I think it's groovy baby!
elpamyelhsa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:06 AM   #354
donrsd
macrumors 6502

I've been looking at an iPad Mini for a while now.
if the new iPad is smaller than the current one, I may get the bigger iPad again.

I still have an iPad 3, which is going strong, but a smaller design is tempting.

Then again - I could spend $529 and get 64gb iPad Mini or $499 for a iPad 16gb.
Thats another debate which may swing me to an iPad Mini

Quote Me So I Am Notified
donrsd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:07 PM   #355
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan5806 View Post
Then get the white and silver version. I despise when people complain about something when that problem can be resolved by getting another version of the same device.
White and silver still retains the design of the iPad mini. Did you bother reading my post? It was pretty simple -- I'll rephrase for you.

I hate the fact that Apple is adopting the iPad mini's design for their iPad 5, I much prefer the design of the iPad 2 through 4 (glass, aluminum).

Plus, I'm hardly "complaining", I'm simply giving my opinion on something.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:49 PM   #356
stevelam
macrumors 65816

definitely upgrading from my ipad 3 if this is the real thing.
stevelam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:20 PM   #357
melendezest
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtr1985 View Post
iPhone is a small tablet. I basically said a powerful tablet will become your main computer that can run other devices. AirPlay is already blurring these lines. And, you size queens can have whatever number of different sized screens and tablets you want.
Ah. Agreed, then.

"Size queen"..LOL,touché, sir.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:57 PM   #358
grkazan11
macrumors newbie

Oh man just saw these pics. I really hope that they'd nonce it this Spring or at least this Summer.

At this point regardless of rumors what's mor epilepsy o happen?
grkazan11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:05 PM   #359
Aidan5806
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard OSX View Post
White and silver still retains the design of the iPad mini. Did you bother reading my post? It was pretty simple -- I'll rephrase for you.

I hate the fact that Apple is adopting the iPad mini's design for their iPad 5, I much prefer the design of the iPad 2 through 4 (glass, aluminum).

Plus, I'm hardly "complaining", I'm simply giving my opinion on something.
Then i apologize for the misinterpretation. but you best stockpile 4th gen iPad if you ever want that design again.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:49 AM   #360
szw-mapple fan
macrumors 6502a

I LOVE it!!
szw-mapple fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:27 AM   #361
robertosh
macrumors 6502

yesterday while holding my mini i realized of why apple put the thick bezels in the full iPad. It's a question of weight.. if you try to hold the iPad mini with one hand without touching the screen you will notice that even with the low weight of the mini it's heavy cause the small surface for holding. We will se how Apple manage this on the iPad 5, i expect it very light!
2014 iPhone 6 64Gb
robertosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:48 PM   #362
nagromme
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertosh View Post
yesterday while holding my mini i realized of why apple put the thick bezels in the full iPad. It's a question of weight.. if you try to hold the iPad mini with one hand without touching the screen you will notice that even with the low weight of the mini it's heavy cause the small surface for holding. We will se how Apple manage this on the iPad 5, i expect it very light!
Yes--a question of weight, AND of leverage: try holding a regular iPad one-handed from the long side, then try holding it one-handed from the short side (top/bottom). See how much heavier it feels when held in landscape? Especially if you hold it more flat to the ground and not too upright.

Same is true of the Mini, just less noticeable.

So having a wider grip area at top/bottom makes sense even if there were no camera and home button.

(And when you actually touch the screen--especially on the side far from your hand--the leverage gets even more noticeable. Hold a regular iPad both ways and try swiping up and down. You really feel the weight even more.)
nagromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:08 PM   #363
Radio
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by donrsd View Post
I've been looking at an iPad Mini for a while now.
if the new iPad is smaller than the current one, I may get the bigger iPad again.

I still have an iPad 3, which is going strong, but a smaller design is tempting.

Then again - I could spend $529 and get 64gb iPad Mini or $499 for a iPad 16gb.
Thats another debate which may swing me to an iPad Mini
I'm happy with the iPad 3 as well ; kinda sucks as I like he new iPad 5 design.

Hmm - plus my accessorieswill be useless

What are we really getting with the iPad 5?
Radio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 03:44 PM   #364
SeattleMoose
macrumors 6502a

I am pissed and disappointed. Apple is doomed. Google is kicking their butt....blah blah blah. Well, somebody had to say it

Just got the 128G iPad4. First iPad and I am loving it. Looking for a good file transfer App though. Funneling everything thru iTunes is overly restrictive and limiting. I hope iOS evolves into something a bit more "open" to the point where my iPad is just an extension of Mac in BOTH DIRECTIONS.
SeattleMoose is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:04 PM   #365
rMBP13
Banned

Its a beautiful looking device
rMBP13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:12 PM   #366
nagromme
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMoose View Post
I am pissed and disappointed. Apple is doomed. Google is kicking their butt....blah blah blah. Well, somebody had to say it

Just got the 128G iPad4. First iPad and I am loving it. Looking for a good file transfer App though. Funneling everything thru iTunes is overly restrictive and limiting. I hope iOS evolves into something a bit more "open" to the point where my iPad is just an extension of Mac in BOTH DIRECTIONS.
You might try the combination of the Dropbox app and Readdle Documents (or something similar like Air Sharing?) Readdle Documents makes a nice hub to send data between various apps and (via Dropbox) my Mac. I haven't used it long, but I've used variations on the technique.

(The other way my iPad extends my Mac is via remotely viewing and controlling the Mac. iTeleport for features and Splashtop for audio support are my two go-to apps for this.)

As far as Apple's own first-party evolution... I'm sure iCloud is where it's at. It will be interesting to see! But I'm sure Apple doesn't want to bring complexity to the iPad, so I'm left to do that myself--when I want--using third party apps.
nagromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:59 AM   #367
Splen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
Any one else think the iPad 2 was the best? Its not heavy like the 3rd and 4th gens, and just feels perfect in your hand. The side bezel is the perfect width for my thumb. Maybe its just me.
I think I agree, although my owning an iPad 2 could be a significant part of my willingness to accept this! A smaller bezel would seem to me to make the ipad more difficult to hold, but as always I'll reserve my judgement until I've actually held one in my hand.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:35 PM   #368
SeattleMoose
macrumors 6502a

Thank you Nagromme for your response. I'll check those Apps out!!!
SeattleMoose is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:38 PM   #369
donrsd
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I'm happy with the iPad 3 as well ; kinda sucks as I like he new iPad 5 design.

Hmm - plus my accessorieswill be useless

What are we really getting with the iPad 5?
Thats my thing - what the hell am I getting with an iPad 5 that my iPad 3 doesnt do!!??

Im going for retina iPad mini 64gb for $529 next time around

Quote Me So I Am Notified
donrsd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:18 PM   #370
Radio
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by donrsd View Post
Thats my thing - what the hell am I getting with an iPad 5 that my iPad 3 doesnt do!!??

Im going for retina iPad mini 64gb for $529 next time around
I'm thinking mini too!

But really now I'm happy; sucks for apple
Radio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:09 PM   #371
Gix1k
macrumors 68020

Steve dying has turned Apple into the new Samsung/HTC....A new device every 6 months....Damn shame!
Just give me a retina mini and I'll be happy
MacBook Pro Retina 15"
Gix1k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:16 AM   #372
buysp
macrumors 6502

If they can go back to the iPad 2 weight with retina screen I'm sold.
buysp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:28 AM   #373
incarceration
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slffl View Post
You're think about switching ecosystems and the best hardware, for a few more pixels? Wow, you deserve android.

best hardware? LOL, not even close. Apple has always trailed behind on hardware. Not only in their computers but in their mobile devices as well.

go home fanboi
incarceration is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion