Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Well the message is pretty self-explanatory, on my new iPhone 5 visual voicemail does not work.

When I click the voicemail tab, it simply starts dialing into a voicemail number.

I am using Verizon, and I am in the Chicago area.

Anyone else have any issues? Or any ways this can be fixed?

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
That always happens to me with AT&T when I restore my phone. Once you get a voicemail it'll ask you for the password and then visual voicemail starts working.

russlittle

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Okay. I have the same problem. No visual voicemail. I5, Verizon. My voicemail was already established on Verizon (with an Android phone) and works as it always has, just now on my iPhone. When I touch voicemail, it starts the call. I've found no one who can help me. Any ideas?

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Go to Settings, select Phone, select Change Voicemail Password. Just put in your password that you would use to access your voicemail if you were dialing the number.

Now go back to the Phone app. Click on the voicemail tab and all your voicemails should appear. That's what fixed it for me.

Give it a try and report back.

You're welcome.

russlittle

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
You said "Go to Settings, select Phone, select Change Voicemail Password." I said that "Change Voicemail Password" does not appear after selecting "Settings" then "Phone". It is not an available option!

----------

Sorry. I left out the critical word "not"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.