Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Please read up on the high end iPhone 5S. Its already been rumored about better cpu, better camera, fingerprint sensor, dual flash, longer lasting battery, for goodness sakes. That's a higher ended iphone over the current iPhone 5 OP. Next one in 2014 will be the iphone 6. Please stop with the high ended question. Its already in the works. Its the iphone 5S.

Well that's what I'd expect. And I can ask whatever questions I want, thank you very much.

Good day sir!

Problem is, your question was already answered just below the original you posted, but for some reason you did not understand it. It was again repeated, but again you did not get it. So here we go again. The iPhone 5S will be the high end new phone coming out in a few weeks. Higher ended than the iphone 5 or the other 5C that is rumored. With possibly a fingerprint scanner, newer upgraded camera sensor, dual flash, upgraded CPU, longer lasting battery. ;)

veneto

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Problem is, your question was already answered just below the original you posted, but for some reason you did not understand it. It was again repeated, but again you did not get it. So here we go again. The iPhone 5S will be the high end new phone coming out in a few weeks. Higher ended than the iphone 5 or the other 5C that is rumored. With possibly a fingerprint scanner, newer upgraded camera sensor, dual flash, upgraded CPU, longer lasting battery. ;)

So which one is replacing the iPhone 5, the cheap one or the more expensive one?

veneto

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I don't know I am just very confused right now, hopefully I will be properly informed soon because I want to switch my carrier with a new phone and I need a phone that meets my needs.

I hope they have a midrange phone because there are two iPhones coming out one is too expensive and the other is too cheap.

Last edited:

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I don't know I am just very confused right now, hopefully I will be properly informed soon because I want to switch my carrier with a new phone and I need a phone that meets my needs.

I hope they have a midrange phone because there are two iPhones coming out one is too expensive and the other is too cheap.

Well how are you confused? It's quite simple, really. Apple puts out a new iPhone every year. The 5S will be the "high-end" phone, and the 5C will be the cheaper option. And maybe, but not likely, they will keep the 5 around as an in-between option.

Not hard to understand.

veneto

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Well how are you confused? It's quite simple, really. Apple puts out a new iPhone every year. The 5S will be the "high-end" phone, and the 5C will be the cheaper option. And maybe, but not likely, they will keep the 5 around as an in-between option.

Not hard to understand.

Well two years ago when the 4S came out it really wasn't high end, it was just an update.

So now that the 5S will be a high end model, how are they going to update the 5? I mean what features will the 5 be getting?

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Well two years ago when the 4S came out it really wasn't high end, it was just an update. So they must be updating the iPhone 5 right?

I think you are too stuck on this high end thing. When the 4S came out, it was the new iPhone. It wasn't just a regular update. There is no such thing as high end. It's just that until now, Apple has only had 1 iPhone in existence.

The 5S will replace the 5, like the 5 replaced the 4S, like the 4S replaced the 4, etc. The 5 won't be updated, it will just be offered at a lower price or discontinued.

veneto

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I think you are too stuck on this high end thing. When the 4S came out, it was the new iPhone. It wasn't just a regular update. There is no such thing as high end. It's just that until now, Apple has only had 1 iPhone in existence.

The 5S will replace the 5, like the 5 replaced the 4S, like the 4S replaced the 4, etc. The 5 won't be updated, it will just be offered at a lower price or discontinued.

Oh but they didn't say that though, they said that the 5S would be a new high end model and more expensive.

And if the 5S replaces the 5, would you not count that as an iPhone 5 update?

I thought there would be 3 versions of the iPhone 5.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Oh but they didn't say that though, they said that the 5S would be a new high end model and more expensive.

And if the 5S replaces the 5, would you not count that as an iPhone 5 update?

I thought there would be 3 versions of the iPhone 5.

What? You're confusing yourself.

veneto

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Yeah. well alll right talk to you later.

Last edited:

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
So which one is replacing the iPhone 5, the cheap one or the more expensive one?

One more time....

iPhone 5S will be the more advanced iPhone one can buy over the 5

iPhone 5C will be the lower model if released.

iPhone 6 should be a major update, but will come out next year (2014 around this time). Normally the S models are updates with a better Camera, Better CPU and perhaps this time a fingerprint sensor, but that is just a guess.

iPhone 5 out today is the high end model that the iPhone 5S will replace. iPhone 5 may be dropped by Apple, but no one knows for sure until September 10th or there a bouts.

veneto

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
One more time....

iPhone 5S will be the more advanced iPhone one can buy over the 5

iPhone 5C will be the lower model if released.

iPhone 5 out today is the high end model that the iPhone 5S will replace. iPhone 5 may be dropped by Apple, but no one knows for sure until September 10th or there a bouts.
Oh... now it makes sense!

thanks for the information!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.